Question about LeapFrog Video Game Consoles & Games
How do I bypass and set up new Parental Code ?
You need to do a Full Factory Reset from a computer that has Leapfrog Connect software downloaded to it. You can't do this from the device itself. It is a master reset which removes the operating system and reloads a fresh version.
Posted on Feb 19, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: PS2 PARENTAL CONTROL CODE
This is the only way to turn "off" parental control lock on the custom setup screen.
1) turn off ps2 with no dvd in drive.
2) turn on ps2 and insert dvd in drive.
3) when it asks about parental password, choose 'yes'.
4) when prompted for password, press 'select'.
5) the prompt will change and say 'delete password'. enter '7444'.
6) enter a new password (0000 works).
7) registration complete, dvd will start playing.
8) once the movie starts, press 'select'.
9) click the 'stop' icon.
10) click the 'stop' icon again (the icon must be gray even when you have it highlighted).
11) navigate to 'custom setup' ('select', setup icon, custom setup icon)
12) move to parental control option, press right directional button, enter password (0000).
13) move down to 'level'.
14) move up to desired level (off is at the top).
15) click 'x'.
16) go back to 'select' menu options, and press 'play'.
17) while movie is playing, eject disk and remove dvd.
18) turn ps2 off using switch on the back, keep off for five seconds.
19) turn on ps2, put dvd back in.
20) happy dance. ;)
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
press 'select' button-->enter 7444--> enter new pass code-->
-->re-enter new pass code
movie should start
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Here is the procedure to reset the parental lock code:
1. Bring up a screen where the unit asks you to enter in the parental code. You can either insert a restricted disc, or enter the DVD setup menu and go to "parental control" under custom setup.
2. When the screen asks for the code, press the SELECT button, then enter in the code "7444".
3. The level adjustment under Parental Control dictates the strictness of the player. The lower the value, the more strict it will be. Either increase the value to lower the restriction, or disable the lock entirely by setting it to "off".
4. Once you have made your adjustments, be sure that the DVD tray is empty, and press the RESET button on the front of the Playstation 2. It is imperative the tray is clear of any DVD or game for the unit to save your settings.
If this does not work, the other code is usually 0000. However if they change the default password, then it will be hard to find out.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Problem solved. Call Nintendo services 1-800-255-3700, reset a master key, fast and easy solution!
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2016 | Toys
Apr 10, 2016 | LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Learning Tablet -...
Apr 19, 2014 | LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Learning Tablet -...
Aug 10, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Aug 02, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jul 20, 2008 | Mitsubishi VS-50611 50" Rear Projection...
Jun 22, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
May 24, 2008 | Televison & Video
838 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: