Question about LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven

2 Answers

What would cause a cloud of humidity to build up in a LMV1813ST LG microwave and then blow the fuse causing no power

Posted by on

  • wgreen May 06, 2016

    thank you for your fast response

×

Ad

2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • LG Master
  • 29,156 Answers

Exhaust fan has failed? Call in a service engineer.

Posted on May 05, 2016

Ad
  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Prodigy:

    An expert who has answered 500 questions.

  • Expert
  • 547 Answers

If there was any odor, the cloud might have come from a failed component, such as the high voltage rectifier. That could blow the fuse.

If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/david_29ad5d1dd86564b0

Posted on May 09, 2016

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE:

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is line fuse located on LG microwave model LMV1813ST /01


Some microwave ovens have a line fuse incorporated in the plug.

Sep 14, 2018 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How to remove LG microwave to check fuse? Model LMV1813ST Serial: 102TRXT01402


The service manual for your model is here. That and my video here will give you disassembly info.

More questions? Contact me directly here.*

* always include the full model number and FCC ID number from the label on / in your microwave

Jan 28, 2018 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

LG LMV1813 F4 error code


F4 means sensor open, You have to check the Humidity sensor.
If you wish to get some details; visit the site linked here. Pull up older posts. http://electro-medical.blogspot.com/

Jan 31, 2017 | LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Replace thermal fuse for LG microwave LMV1813ST


If too much current passes through the microwave circuitry, the line fuse will blow. If the line fuse blows, the microwave won't start. To determine if the line fuse is at fault, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. In addition, you should investigate and resolve the problem that caused the fuse to blow. If you don't resolve the underlying issue, the new fuse will blow too. (Caution: The microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. Due to the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. Only a licensed technician should replace the line fuse.)

Sep 28, 2015 | LG Over-the-Range Microwave

1 Answer

Microwave went totally dead while operating; there is power to the outlet.


If the control panel lights up intermittently, then you either have a loose connection somewhere near the panel, or a failing component on the circuit board itself.

If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/david_29ad5d1dd86564b0

Jul 10, 2015 | LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Need mounting templet


http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/lg/lmv1813st_2.html

Aug 24, 2014 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

LG LMV1813ST MIRCOWAVE STOPPED WORKING?


The fuse can be replaced, but the underlying issue should still be investigated and resolved. Otherwise the new fuse will blow also.
If the microwave is not working the thermal fuse may have blown.
When a microwave stops working the problem is usually the line fuse or within the high voltage circuit; either the high voltage capacitor, diode, transformer or magnetron.

Aug 02, 2014 | LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I think I need to replace a fuse in my Whirlpool Microwave oven, but I can't find where the fuse is located?! Help!


There is usually a 125V, 20 AMP line fuse inside the microwave, mounted at the point where the power cord enters the back of the unit. Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall the oven (if this is an over the range model), UNPLUG it and remove the exterior case to access. The case comes off in various ways depending on manufacture and model. If the model number you listed this question under is correct, you have THREE possibilties that may cause a complete loss of power: 1. Line fuse 2. The Oven Cavity Thermostat. 3. Thermal Cut-Out (Thermostat) for the Magnetron. The line fuse is connected in line with the power cord inside the unit and is listed as part of item 28 under the "Interior and Ventilation" parts heading. The thermostat for the oven cavity is listed as item 29 (part number 8183703) under the same parts heading. The thermostat for the Magnetron is listed as item 15 under the "Magnetron and Turntable Parts" heading. The part number is 8183698.

I would recommend you check the fuse, first. This the easiest and least expensive repair. It is also the most common. If you managed to overheat the oven any time recently, you may want to check the thermostat(s) to see if it is still good, next. They should read 0 ohms when measured out of the circuit across the terminals.

If the line fuse is blown, you can usually purchase a box of fuses at a hardware store for just a little more than what the manufacturer charges for a single fuse. 125V, 20AMP Ceramic Slow Blow fuses are recommended.

If you have any questions, or need additional assistance troubleshooting, please post back and let me know. I hope you find this information helpful. NOTE: Baked potatoes, steamed vegetables and popcorn are notrious for causing high humidity and/or overheat conditions in an oven cavity. If you find any of the thermostats tripped or blown, remember to allow the oven cavity to cool by leaving the door open between cooking items. This should only take a few minutes. Repeatedly heating items one after the other can cause high humidity and heat which may cause the thermostats to trip. Some of these thermostats reset themselves, others you need to replace.

NOTE: Make sure you take any resistance readings with the microwave UNPLUGGED and the component under test isolated (removed) from the circuit. These ovens can blow a fuse by simply sitting idle. This can occur from any power fluctuations, brown outs, voltage spikes, etc. Or, it could be the symptom of a component that may have failed. If you find the internal fuse blown and replace it, only to have it blow again, you have a more significant problem than a simple blown fuse.

Jul 12, 2010 | Whirlpool MH7155XM Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

165 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9174 Answers

Steve Allison
Steve Allison

Level 3 Expert

5569 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1691 Answers

Are you a LG Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...