Question about Electrical Supplies
I was using it at work and I think it got over loaded so I replaced the two reset breakers but still no electricity
You need to determine if it is a Brushed or Brushless generator and follow the tests on the link below. (You will locate the brushes on the end of the alternator in a 12o'clock position if they are fitted).
Then contact Generator Guru with the results and they will let you know what needs replacing. This is a free service.
Posted on Sep 25, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2016 | Electrical Supplies
Dec 09, 2014 | Heating & Cooling
1. Faulty receptacle. 1. Have Service Center
2. Circuit breaker kicked out. 2. Depress and reset.
3. Defective capacitor. 3. Have Service Center
4. Faulty power cord. 4. Repair or replace cord.
5. GFCI switch breaker kicked
out (if equipped)
5. Depress and reset
Apr 28, 2011 | Porter Cable 5,500 Watt Portable Generator...
Jan 23, 2011 | Electric Drill Scaler
Dec 18, 2017 | Square D Trilliant 100 Amp Circuit Breaker...
If there is no power to the receptacles:
1. Turn the circuit breaker switches off and disconnect all electrical loads from the generator.
2. Turn the circuit breakers on and test the GFCI's by following the procedures in this manual
on page 1 -
TO TEST A GFCI:
Start the generator. Turn the auto idle switch off. Push in the TEST button (A) on the receptacle.
The RESET button (B) will pop out. Power is now off at the receptacle.
If the RESET button does not pop out, the GFCI is not working. Do not run
generator until the problem can be corrected. To restore power to receptacle,
push the RESET button in. If the RESET button pops out during operation,
stop the generator and check the generator and equipment for defects.
3. Place the voltage selector to the 120 Volt only positions (unless you are using a tool that
requires 240 Volts).
4. Turn the idle control switch off.
5. Turn the circuit breaker(s) off and reconnect the electrical loads. Be sure that the plugs are
securely connected to the receptacles.
6. Turn the circuit breaker(s) on.
7. If there is still no power at the receptacles, take the generator to an authorized DEWALT
service center. To locate a DEWALT service center nearest to you, call 1-800-4-DEWALT
Thanks for choosing Fixya!
Nov 27, 2010 | Garden
Aug 10, 2010 | Hitachi EC12 Portable Electric 2hp Air...
Nov 29, 2009 | Briggs & Stratton 8,000 Watt 16 Hp...
Oct 11, 2009 | Electrolux Kitchen Ranges
Oct 21, 2019 | Electrical Supplies
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!