Hi, your clock radio is an atomic clock radio... no wait you don't need your lead underwear! it receives a signal from the atomic clock and sets the time to match it, after you set the time zone and put it on auto dst you will never have to set the time again!
ENVIRONMENTAL RECEPTION EFFECTS:
The Atomic Clock obtains the accurate time with wireless technology. Same as all wireless devices, the receiving ability may be affected by, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- Long transmitting distance.
- Nearby mountains and valleys.
- Among tall buildings.
- Near railway, high voltage cable, etc.
- Near freeway, airport, etc.
- Near construction site.
- Inside concrete buildings.
- Near electrical appliances.
- Near computers and televisions.
- Bad weather locally or electrical storms between you and Colorado.
- Inside moving vehicles.
- Nearby metallic structures.
This clock receives a radio wave much like a TV or radio. Be sure to locate it near a window or some other location where reception is good. Avoid the following locations, which can interfere with proper reception.
Synchronization signal reception can be received in Continental USA only. In other areas, you can still use this clock by making time settings manually.
- Place your clock in a location with optimal signal marks on the LCD.
- It is recommended to put the clock near a window. Please move the clock to another location if difficulty in signal reception or unstable signal marks is encountered.
Simply plug the SkyScan clock radio into any household outlet.
Battery Back-up Operation
This clock radio is equipped with alarm time memory that can be powered with a 9-volt battery (not included).When normal household power is interrupted, or the AC cord is unplugged, the battery will power the clock to keep track of the time and set alarm. When the backup battery activates, the LCD backlight is off, however, the functions of alarm and radio still operate.
To Install the Battery
- Remove the battery cover at the bottom of the case.
- Connect a 9-volt battery to the connector plug.
- Insert the battery in the compartment and replace the cover.
Note: An Alkaline battery is recommended. Carbon Zinc and rechargeable (nickel cadmium) batteries not recommended.
Set the Time Zone
Press the SET button in sequence until you see PST(Pacific Standard Time)blinking below the time digits on the LCD. Press UP or DOWN button to select your time zone.
Daylight Savings Time
Always slide the DST switch to ON position unless the clock is used in an area without Daylight Savings Time.
**Special attention to usage in Arizona and Indiana. **Arizona and parts of Indiana do not recognize Daylight Savings Time (DST). Turn the DST off if the clock is used in these areas.