Question about NorStar T7208 Corded Phone
I need to reprogram the extension names from past employees to current and it will not allow me to without the admin username/password
Posted by Anonymous on
Usually the admin password is left at admin (23646)
Posted on Feb 11, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Press FEATURE * * 2 6 6 3 4 4
2. Enter Password: 2 6 6 3 4 4
3.Press the top grey button (the set on the lower right hand side with the grey buttons closest together)
4. press the button under the one you just pushed until you get the desired name/ or the one with no name
5.press the same button as in number 3 (once only)
6.press the same button as in number 4 (2 times) you should get the name and a soft key button for change
7.type the name like a text message
8. once you filled it in hit the same button as in number 4.
9. hit release
Posted on Oct 25, 2008
This has PDF file that will give instructions.
Also this link has more instructions:
To Change the Name on a Mailbox:
1. Log into system administration
2. Select the softkey under "MBOX"
3. Select the softkey under "Chng"
4. Enter the mailbox number (extension. you want to change the name on
5. The display shows "Reset Password"
6. Select the softkey under "Next", keep hitting "Next" until the display shows the name
7. Select the softkey under "Chng" to enter a new name
8. Enter the name using the dial pad. Enter last name first, press "# #" to enter a comma and then enter the first name. When spelling the name, press "#" to move to the next character
9. Select the softkey under "Next" to save the change
10. Hit the release button
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
Actually, even as a technician, you will never know the origonal password.
But you can get in to reset the existing password back to 0 0 0 0.
There are a couple of steps; depending on your voicemail system, voicemail's are done differently, but try this first.
got to a M7310 set
-> dial FEATURE 9 8 3
-> password: 1 0 2 0 0 0 0
-> you should now see ADMIN and under that MBOX, AA, OTHR
-> press CHNG
-> dial the extension of the phones that you need changed
-> you should now see PASSWORD and under it RESET, press RESET (This resets the mailbox back to 4- zero's)
-> hit the * to back up and repeat fopr all the other extensions.
-> hit RLS after all is done and voila... you have now changed those passwords to those mailboxes.
Now when the new users dial F981 at their desks, and dial 0 0 0 0 the first prompt they get is pleasde change password.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
If the extension was a swap of the old M7310 with a new(ish) M7310 no additional programming should be necessary. However if the phone was replaced with another type of nortel set(M7208, M7324,T7313 etc.) then the phone will default to its base features. To re-program the feature keys press feature *3, the button you wish to program, and the feature code for that button
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2012 | Nortel Business Series Terminal T7208 -...
May 04, 2010 | Nortel Business Series Terminal T7208 -...
Apr 09, 2010 | Avaya Lucent Partner 616 Phone
Oct 13, 2009 | Avaya Lucent Partner 616 Phone
Apr 15, 2009 | NorStar Meridian M7310 Phone
Apr 06, 2009 | NorStar Meridian M7310 Phone
Jan 26, 2009 | Toshiba DKT-2020-SD telephone
Nov 25, 2008 | NorStar M7310 Corded Phone
Nov 18, 2008 | Avaya Lucent Partner 616 Phone
May 21, 2008 | NorStar T7208 Corded Phone
452 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!