Question about Samsung SGH-G800 Cellular Phone
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Forgot password on Samsung t229
Just go to phone settings in settings and reset to factory settings default. this will reset the phone to factory settings but will not clear any messages, contacts, pictures or data.. then you can go ahead and set a new password.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
If you forgot your phone code, there is no way to get to your contact list....well, there is no risk free way to get to it. There is a utility (Samsung Code Reader) that you can use which will pull your code from the phone when it is attached by USB to a computer. But beware, as these applets are on sharing websites, so there is no tell if any of them are tainted with viruses.
Otherwise, if you are willing to forego your contact list, then you can hard reset your phone by following these steps:
A couple of things to mention:
1. This fix is NOT for unlocking the network (to use on other carriers), but rather this is for a 4-8 digit phone privacy lock that you may have forgotten what you set it to
2. If you run this fix, it will wipe out all data on the phone, effectively starting from scratch
3. You must remove the SIM card before initiating this or it will be wiped, also, leaving you with need to go buy a new one
4. You need to call Samsung to get the reset code: 800.987.4357 Tell them that you want to hard reset (wipe) your phone and you need the code. (They'll probably stay on the line with you and help you complete the task)
To hard reset the phone
1. Turn off the phone
2. Remove the back cover (battery compartment)
3. Remove the sim card
4. Turn on the phone
5. When it boots up and gets to the error message about the sim, enter the code provided by Samsung and press Return
6. Let the phone restore to original factory image and reboot
7. Turn phone off and install sim card
8. Replace back phone cover
9. Turn on the phone
10. You're ready to roll
Posted on Jun 14, 2010
SOURCE: I forgot the Samsung Impression
If you are talking about the security lock code to enter into the phone then once it is lost nothing can be done except flashing the mobile . Because if anybody can give the security code created then who ever who steals your phone can get into it and get your valuable information.
So as safety precaution to avoid that they have designed it such that if you forget the security lock you have to reset the mobile memory by flashing the mobile at an authorized service center.So while flashing the mobile all the data in the mobile memory will be lost and you can again start using the mobile.
Posted on Jan 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2016 | Samsung Cell Phones
Dec 16, 2015 | Samsung Galaxy S III Smartphone - Straight...
May 19, 2015 | Samsung Cell Phones
Jun 05, 2012 | Samsung Cell Phones
Mar 17, 2011 | Samsung B3410 Cell Phone
Jun 17, 2010 | Samsung Propel A767 Cell Phone
Oct 29, 2009 | Giorgio Armani Samsung P520 Cellular Phone
Oct 24, 2009 | Samsung J700 Cellular Phone
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!