Question about LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven
The microwave timer works, but if I try to cook with it, it trips the household 15 amp circuit breaker. I plugged into another circuit to make sure it wasn't that breaker and it trips it as well just as soon as you press the start button.
Posted by Anonymous on
The circuit breakers may both be functioning properly. What might be happening is that both circuits have other current drawing appliances on them. The circuit breakers react to the sum of all of the currents drawn by all of the devices on that circuit. So, if you have a 15 amp microwave and an 8 amp refrigerator on the same circuit, you would overload a 20 amp circuit by 3 amps.
If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/david_29ad5d1dd86564b0
Posted on May 09, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The magnetron probably has a partial short pulling more current than normal as it runs, the other two items that give trouble is the high voltage diode, "sometimes cracks" to the high voltage capacitor, "usually shorts"
Posted on Mar 30, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2016 | Smeg Microwave Ovens
Either you have defected (weak) circuit breaker and wiring or bad Microwave oven.
The 99.99 % house hold Microwave ovens pull less than 15 Amps. They may have internal ceramic 15A fuse or 15 Amp internal circuit breaker.
To isolate your problem:
Plug your Microwave oven to different areas (different electrical circuit) if the different circuit breaker still trips... your Microwave oven has a short - Most of them has a small ceramic fuse 15 amps fuse.-also check some inter lock switches at door .
If the Microwave oven works Ok then you may have:
2a. You may overload the existing electrical circuit, try to unplug some other appliances
2b. You may have bad electrical outlet receptacle (Replace it with the same type , - may need helps from licensed electrician)
2c. Weak or defect house hold circuit breaker. (Replace it with the same type , brand - may need helps from licensed electrician)
Jan 24, 2014 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
Jul 18, 2017 | KitchenAid KCMS1555RSS Stainless Steel...
Feb 22, 2011 | Tappan Microwave Ovens
Sep 23, 2010 | Maytag Microwave Ovens
May 18, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 13, 2009 | LG Microwave Ovens
Jan 09, 2008 | GE JVM1190 Microwave Oven
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!