Question about HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I was having "cartridge Jam" message and I followed the Fixya suggestions and cleaned some ink out from below the cartridges. Now the unit says it has a paper Jam. No visible jams when I open the lid or pull the black cover in the back. I even tried different cartridges. Can you tell me where the sensors are that detect either of these?
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had this happen to me the other night and I had to restart the printer to get the print job out of the que. You could try that.
While it's restarting, unplug the power cord and the usb cable. That should reset it.
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
SOURCE: HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One
To start with first try a reset:
Unplug the power cord from the All-In-One as well as the power outlet when there is still power in the All-In-One. and wait for atleast 1Min
Plug the power cord directly to a wall outlet without surg protector. (if possible connect it to a different power outlet)
Before connecting the power cord to the All-In-One press and hold the # and no 6 button and then insert the power cord, do not release the keys
until you see a message a reset (if the screen goes blank then release the keys and turn the power on)
Then check and see
If not try the link bellow:
Good Luck please let me known if nay problem.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
Please try these steps :
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
clean the rubber rollers of the printer and try to print. if it is still having the same problem. reset the printer by unplugging the power cord of the printer while its turn on. then plug the power cord back in. once the printer is on press and hold the power/on button and the size button. when the on button is flashing then release the buttons and try to print again
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2014 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 27, 2013 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 18, 2012 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
I hope this solution will helpful 4 u
Please don't forget to click on Four thumbs which are given below & then write testimonial for my appreciation if it is helpful
THANKS & Keep Using fixya
Jan 26, 2011 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
May 04, 2010 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 09, 2009 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2008 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 08, 2008 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!