Question about Samsung BD-E5400 - Blu-ray disc player
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power"
and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the
8. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom
right of the controller.
9. Enter 76884 on the number pad.
10. The region code "4" should appear at the top left corner of the
screen.(this just flashed on then off, so keep an eye on the screen)
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free.
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
Posted on Mar 22, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2013 | Samsung BD-F5700 Blu-ray Player
Feb 15, 2013 | Samsung Blu-ray Player BD-E5300
Jan 12, 2013 | Samsung BD-E5400
Dec 11, 2012 | Samsung BD-E5300 Smart Blu-ray Player
Aug 08, 2012 | Samsung Bd-E8500 3D Smart Blu-Ray Disc...
Jun 04, 2012 | Samsung BD-E5900 - 3D Blu-ray disc player...
4,054 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: