Question about HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
I am getting the error ink system failure with the error code 0cx18a0005. If I press the OK and Cancel and power button together I get Enter Special Key Combo. How do I get into the manufacturer commands and reset my printer.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are several special key combo for ex. 1-2-4 and 3-2-9 also 1-2-7 depending on the purpose of using it.
My suggestion would be,
Remove the cartridges,
Clean the golden ( electrical contacts ) with lint free cloth
Put the cartridges back and check if the error message disappears
Try the Full reset following these steps
Disconnect the power cord from back of printer ( while printer is on )
While holding the # and 6 button, connect the cord
( if you do this reset, the printer will loose all the memory it has stored like fax logs, will get disconnected from Wireless network )
The error message is likely due to a cartridge expiry date and certain printers do not accept such expired cartridges from present date. Try replacing such cartridge
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
I have the HP Photosmart 3210 All-In-One with this stupid ERROR 0xc18a0307. I didnt purchase this printer, my uncle gave it to me and told me how much it was worth. That was enough to motivate me to try and fix it. Im not an IT guy or computer geek..probably just lucky...Maybe it was this "L.A Confidential Kush" weed!!! : D
My uncle gave this printer to me w/o the yellow cartridge so i went to Best Buy and bought HP Photo Value Pack for like $40. Before i did the steps mentioned below, I pretty much did everything that you could find as a troubleshoot process and it failed. I then decided to remove the cartridges and open up the ***ing printer and tried to get to the sprayers so that i could use the CRC Mass Air Flow cleaner ( I spent 6.99 for it at Auto Zone. as a last resort.)When i noticed how complicated everything was getting ( it totally killed my high!! ) I said **** it and re-assembled the damn machine. Before I started putting everything back i noticed that the white plastic spocket was off of the metal hex plug that is connected on the left side ( if you are facing the front of the printer while its taken apart ) so i placed it back on carefully and continued the re-assembly ( i dont know if this was the cause of the ERROR 0xc18a0307, but previous suggestions mentioned that it might be a mechanism failure.) After I was done putting everything together I put the cartridges back, plugged in the power cable from the back of the printer first, and then i connected it to the power outlet. I then connected the USB cable to the back of the printer but i forgot to plug in the USB to the CPU ( as mentioned below ) Then i did this ****....
( and i did this with everything connected except the USB cable, only because i forgot it was disco'd from CPU )
1. Put all the cartridges back into the printer. ( only if you didnt already do it after reading my story )
2. Press and hold down the four buttons at the same time:
OK, Cancel, Black, Color while the printer is off.
3. Then you hit the POWER button ONCE and then hold it AFTER it blinks or turns on and release the four buttons. DONT LET GO OF THE POWER BUTTON!!
( it might show that its resetting but i dont remember )
4. hold it for a full minute or until the copy button turns on
( i dont know what happened first because i was stoned and i started thinking about what i was going to do first if this stupid sequence worked, >8 D )
5. The copy button will light up and you will get a menu that asks your preferences.
6. Go thru the preference selection and then when your done hit the copy button with something you could copy in the scanner. Select number of copies and It should start to copy if the process worked. ( you will see the display in the cool little screen that says " Copying...." if not, try it over and over. you might find another way to fix YOUR problem.
Then i printed a doc from my computer and it worked.
After that, I scanned something to my computer and it worked.This is all i was able to try since i dont have a landline!!
I wish everyone luck with thier HP Photosmart 3210xi All-In-One!!
Posted on May 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2013 | HP C6280 Photosmart All-in-One Printer...
Jul 15, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Jul 01, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
"Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
Press and release the "OK" button
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu".
2. Press and release the "OK" button.
3. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
4. Press and release the "OK" button.
5. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
6. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
7. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit."
Procedure from http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
Apr 23, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 05, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 07, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Jan 20, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 18, 2009 | HP C6280 All-in-One Printer
Sep 24, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 22, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 23, 2015 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
2,156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: