Question about Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection Television
Replaced both conv ic's and 6 resistors picture is much better but now have double image on numbers not picture double image is blue
This is out of the service manual
don't forget to write the setting to rom by hitting the pip button twice
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions
2.12.5 Convergence point adjustment
(1) Select color to adjust.
“STATUS” - Green
“0” - Red
“ANT” - Blue
(2) Use 4, 6, 2, and 5 to move the cursor position
(3) Use thumb stick to move the convergence point.
(4) Three adjustment modes are available:
1. (3x3) Press “STATUS” 5 times (only works
when DCU is in uncorrected state)
2. (7x5) Press “0” 5 times
3. (13x9) Press “ANT” 5 times
For touch-up, only the (13x9) mode is necessary.
This will adjust every cross-hatch intersection point
on the screen.
For complete adjustment, start with (3x3) mode. This
will adjust center point and eight edge points only,
but will greatly reduce adjustment time. Then use
(7x5) mode, and finally (13x9) mode to finish
If “S” distortion appears between cross-hatch lines
repeat (7x5) mode to change calculation process
while adjusting to remove distortion, then return to
(13x9) mode to finish touch-up convergence.
(1) Receive any NTSC signal.
(2) Start adjustment at the center of the screen.
(3) Continue adjustment at next closest position.
(4) Adjust center area first, ending with edge sections.
(5) Press INFO button to perform calculation operation.
This process will take about 2 seconds and no
picture will be seen at this time.
(6) After interpolation, check convergence again and
repeat (1)-(5) if necessary.
(7) When convergence is acceptable, press PIP MODE
to write data to ROM memory. ROM WRITE? is
displayed to alarm system that ROM will be
overwritten with new data. Press the PIP MODE
button again to write displayed data to ROM.
(8) DATA WRITE TO ROM will take approximately 4
seconds and no picture will be displayed.
(9) Green dots will be displayed when operation is
(10) Press MUTE to return to convergence pattern, then
confirm again convergence is acceptable.
(11) Press PIP MODE (ROM WRITE) mode, then press
PIP CH to initialize sensor data positions.
(12) Input any 1080I signal.
(13)Press EXIT key 5 times to exit video mode.
(14) Select an input with 1080i signal.
(15)Access menu and select ASPECT 5 mode.
(16)Press the SERVICE SW. ONLY button to enter to
DCU crosshatch signal.
(17)Repeat steps 2~11 above.
Notes: (1) Display only green for easier adjustment and
match to jig screen. Press “MENU”, THEN
(2) Perform interpolation and data write to ROM
after green adjustment. Once green has been
confirmed to match jig screen, the jig screen can
be removed. Do not readjust the green color
after jig screen has been removed. This is now
your reference color.
(3) Display green and red only and match red to
(4) Display all colors and match blue to green and
red. Touch-up red color if necessary.
(5) Existing DATA in ROM can be read by pressing
the SWAP button 2 times. This data can be used
after replacing a component (CRT, DY, etc.)
Where complete convergence adjustment is not
necessary, be careful not to overwrite this data.
DO NOT write cleared RAM data into ROM or a
complete convergence adjustment will be
necessary. Remember to try MAGIC FOCUS
before starting convergence adjustment to
minimize adjustment time.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2011 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Mar 25, 2010 | JVC AV-48WP74 48" Rear Projection...
Jan 22, 2010 | Panasonic PT-53WX53 53" Rear Projection...
Nov 15, 2008 | Televison & Video
Oct 02, 2008 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-65WS550 65" Rear...
Aug 06, 2008 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Jul 21, 2007 | Hitachi UltraVision 55HDS52 Television
274 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!