Question about Netopia 3347 02 ADSL2 Wireless Router
Router was a freebee from where my wife works. They were not using these anymore and were going to trash. Have AT&T DSL and want to install the Netopia but afraid might lose "everything" trying. Looked at AT&T help site and start getting worried about the password. Been so long since I did that that I've forgotten the password.
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Unlock netopia 2247 router
Well Netopia from eircom will sit on default username & password provided by eircom.
Only way you can use it with other provider is that you will need to update it with a new firmware from netopia's website !
Posted on May 29, 2008
SOURCE: netopia router to strict
you need to open ports on your router so that it will give you proper connection to your ps3. you also need to set static ip address on your ps3.
here are the steps...
- go to a working computer that is wired to the router and open command prompt (for windows, click on start, then run, then type cmd or command, whichever will work, or click here if you are using mac)
- then you will be prompted with a black screen, on the blinking cursor type ipconfig/all
- take note of the subnet mask, default gateway, dns1 and dns2
- now go to your ps3 to set static ip adddress
* go to network settings and click network settings
* go to wireless or wired (whichever connection you are using for your ps3)
* then custom
* enter security settings
* now for your ip info click manual
* where it says ip address enter a static ip address (by default the ip address of your router is 192.168.1.254 so you can use any ip address that is on the same segment and was not being used by your other devices like 192.168.1.5 or 192.168.1.10
* subnet mask is normally 255.255.255.0
* put your default gateway number (the one that you have seen and listed from the command prompt) on the default router field
* enter the dns1 and dns2 also
* click next
* don't enable proxy server
* you can enable upnp if you can also enable it in your router
- now go bak to the computer and open a web browser, on the address bar of your web browser type the default gateway number (usually it's 192.168.1.254)
- you will be prompted with the netopia page, click expert modem on the left hand column, click yes, enter expert mode
- double click the word configure, go down and click on NAT, click static NAT, click the dropdown icon, see if your ip address (static ip address of your ps3) is there, if so click it, click on done, if this works, ignore the paragraph in brackets. (note: if it's asking for the default router ip address, you need to select/enter the default gateway number)
- click define custom service, click o port forwarding, select next , type anything in the service name, something that you will know its related to the ps3
- for global port range, if it's only one port that's being entered, enter the same port in the left and right hand boxes, in every case , enter the lower port in the box below saying base port even if there's only one port, and chage the TCP/UDP settings according to every port.
* here are the ports (note: repeat the same process for each one, after that window, select the static ip address you made in the drop-down list so it gets forwarded only for the ps3)
TCP port 80
TCP port 443
TCP port 5223
UDP port 3478-3479
UDP port 3658-3659
- when your done, click NAT on the left hand side, click the dropdown menu that has age of empires written on it and scroll to the bottom, click on the ports you made with the asterix beside them (*) and click enable , then enter the ps3 ip address in the bar , to enable them just for the ps3
- now click configure on the left and then click connection and tick the box that says upnp (note: you should have, when you click NAT on the left hand column, a static NAT address, enabled, it should be the same ip that you have used on your ps3, 7 ps3 ports, all enabled to the host device of your ps3's ip
- now , enter basic mode, click firewall, and set to low, this isn't dangerous as long as you have a desktop firewall such as windows or mcafee etc...
- save changes, and restart your router
hope this'll help you
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
You mean what program? Telnet. Here's the quick setup. If it's already been installed and password protected, you'll need to grab the installation guide somewhere else.
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
I have nat type 1 with this router but no upnp. access your router. click on advanced setup, click on configure, click on connection, choose ppp over ethernet llc/snap scroll down and click on save and restart connection. call your internet provider and get the username and password for your router. you will need it later. on your ps3, go to network settings, select internet connection settings. the ps3 will ask if you want to continue, select yes.select custom, wired connection, auto detect, PPPoE, enter the username and password you got from your isp, select automatic, automatic, do not use, enable, then press the x button to save, press the x button again to test connection
Posted on May 07, 2009
Reset your netopia by holding the reset button in for at least 30 seconds.
Reconfig your netopia again.
You do this by opening internet explorer. It will say "Page cannnot be displayed"
type 192 168.1 254 in the address bar (where you normally type www)
the username is admin
the password is the serial number on the bottom of the netopia
click on configure
click on quickstart
put in your userID like email@example.com
and your password
click submit at the bottom
and then click the yellow triangle dealie at the top right
click save and restart the database
when it comes back on in a few minutes, you'll be online
If this doesnt resove the issue, then your firmware is messed up and its time to swap out the netopia.
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Nov 13, 2010 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Oct 06, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Oct 04, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Apr 29, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jan 10, 2010 | 2wire Computers & Internet
Aug 15, 2008 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Jun 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2007 | Zyxel Prestige 334 Router
Apr 18, 2019 | Samsung Computers & Internet
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: