Question about LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven

Open Question

LG microwave shut off, no power, how to reset and turn back on? Think it was overheated.

Think I ran it empty and it overheated and clicked off -- now no power -- is there a way to reset?

Posted by on

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Our LG over the stove microwave oven LMHM2017ST is powerless.


Probably burned up the magnetron. You are cautioned not to operate the oven empty.

Jul 27, 2017 | LG Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Reset button


Unplug,then plug back in,wait 10 minutes,or try another outlet,circuit breaker could of turned off at control panel in house,reset it.

Mar 04, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Serial number 112Km00462. If overheated and power goes off .....is it safe to use when power comes back on?


The magnetron thermal protector probably shut the oven down. Magnetrons don't like it when their load impedance is too low (empty oven or popcorn) and they get quite warm. Operating an oven empty also shortens the life of the magnetron.

If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/david_29ad5d1dd86564b0

Aug 01, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Ran the microwave empty...it shut down. Is there a reset button


You could have burned something out on unit. Check fuse or contact GE. Look in manual for trouble shooting tips.

Jun 13, 2016 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I think i ruined my microwave


Yeah, that's usually bad. But you might have gotten lucky, it's possible that a thermal fuse (sometimes called a TCO or Thermal Cut-Off divice) may have opened up; shutting off electricity tothe microwave. But if it ran for 15 minutes, it's very likely that the magnetron tube burned up. You would really need to have a professional look at it to decide if it's worth repairing or not.

If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/ronald_e6b9572cebe3ad27

Oct 19, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave ran empty and has now overheated and quit altogether


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101
gg

Jun 02, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I just ran my GE microwave for 7 minutes while empty. Heard a pop sound and now it won't run. Is is ruined?


The worst thing you can do for any microwave is run it empty as you have found out the hard way. What has happened is RF from the magnetron has reflected back into your magnetron. Some models even have an RF filter window that has the same color as the insode of your unit but a fiber appearance. Running the unit empty causes the RF to burn through this RF filter and stright back into the magnetron itself. Some units have a thermal protection thermostat on the magnetron that turn off the power to the magnetron when it gets too hot. Since you heard a pop you could have a bad load capacitor that has failed or the chassis diode itself has failed. You can take the unit in for service but if they tell you that the magnetron needs replaced I would think hard about having it repaired as the cost can be as much as 50% of a new unit. the Cap and Diode replacements are much more resonable repairs. Good Luck.

Jan 10, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1540 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Unit is dead after accidentally running it empty.


If you ran it for that long with nothing inside, there is a good chance it self cooked.

It can probably be repaired. The economics of the repair is something you will have to judge for yourself.

To assist you, may i suggest you visit www.repairclinic.com and check on some major parts for your make and model. If the parts = more than 25% of replacement, I think id be moving on. Expect to pay a pro at least $100.00/hr labor. You should NOT do it unless you are skilled at handling delicate and lethal electronics. A microwave can kill. Another thing, after you fix it, you have a lot of $ invested and still have a old machine that ran for 13 + minutes empty.

Oct 13, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I ran it empty and it shut down. Did I wreck it?


Hello there:
I really dont think you wrecked it, It has a fuse that sits inside of the casing towards thefront all you will need to do is romove the outer case from the back and replace the fuse and you should be fine ok?
best regards michael

Sep 12, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave lost power in the middle of heating a lunch. Later power came on with PF in the display. Is this normal?


it seems the thetmal cutoff(TCO) mounted on the magnetron to protect it from overheating is going off.it opens out when magnetron overheats and cuts the power to the control board and after the magnetron cools down tco resets and power to control board is restored with the sign PF(power failure).the fan that cools the magnetron may have gone bad.i think u will need a tech 2 chk it out.

Aug 17, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1625 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

817 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9174 Answers

Steve Allison
Steve Allison

Level 3 Expert

5569 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1691 Answers

Are you a LG Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...