Question about Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
My printer was working fine, then suddenly stated paper jam. I've checked but nothing seems to be lodged. The paper just won't feed. I've up-ended and shaken the printer but nothing seems to be causing any obstruction. help please
Here's a few things you can try :-
1. Blow it out with canned air. make sure there are no bits of paper or dust in the paper feed area and in the front access area that could be causing the jam.
2. Verify that the cartridge carriage moves to the service area when the front door is opened (as if to change tanks)
3. Verify that the timing belt, drive belt, gearing and rollers all look normal.
4. Take the network out of play when doing the initial troubleshooting
5. With the computer off, unplug the printer's power cord and USB cord for about 3-5 min
6. Completely uninstall the printer's driver and software. Then reinstall the printer's drivers only.
Retry after each step.
Also if your Canon printer has fax capabilities, and you are getting a false paper jam error, the problem is easy to fix.
Open the scanner lid.
You will see a white strip on the left, under the lid.
There are also two small, white tabs near this strip.
Gently pull on each tab. You should feel a small "click" on the tab that is jammed.
This fixes the problem.
I suspect that when previously scanning something like a book page, one of these tabs got pushed the wrong way.
Hope it will help.Also you can get back to me if you need further assistance.
Posted on Dec 05, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2018 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 07, 2013 | Canon New Usa Imageclass D420 Laser...
Nov 25, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 26, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Mar 23, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 26, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 04, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
796 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!