Question about Sanyo DP42849 42 in. HDTV

2 Answers

D42849 HAS NO PICTURE

HAS SOUND BUT NO PITURE

Posted by on

Ad

2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 373 Answers

You need to check inside the set to see if the main board has 5 volts going to it on one of the white fuses on the board. If it does then it is likely that the main board (one with all the jacks) is not turning on the power supply to the inverter board so the screen will light. To confirm the power supply is working you need to check for the 12 volts and 24 volt from the power supply plug. If especially the 24 volts is there then you have a bad inverter board. Usually located on one side of the chassis. Check for domed capacitors. A capacitor is a cylinder shaped component with a positive and negative connection. A bad one will be pooched up at the top. Check the power supply for these as well and replace with the same mfd and voltage rating.

Posted on Nov 04, 2011

Ad
  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Sanyo Master
  • 777 Answers

First, that's Sanyo DP42849 and not D42849 .

Second, 99% chance you have a bad inverter board and 1% it's something else.

if it is something else it will be either the power board or the lamps in the backlight assembly. Can't say for sure , but at 1% chance it hardly matters.

What you likely need is inverter VIT70079.00 .

Google for it, you'll find it.

Since there's always a chance Sanyo may have released a model with different backlight inverter I wouldn't buy one before making sure that my TV has the same.

Hope that helps!

www.coppelltvrepair.com

Posted on Nov 08, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE:

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My samsung tv la27t51b has no picture and only sound on dvd


You can go to near samsung service centre for best help.
thanks..


My Pahe : onsite training

Aug 07, 2012 | Samsung Televison & Video

1 Answer

Our philips lcd tv picture turns off but sound stays on and then the piture won't come back on for longer while.


Suddenly, the sound for LCD 42PFL3605/12 dissapeared. Resetted to factory settings, upgraded firmware, but no result. The TV ran just 24 hours. Please, help!

Dec 19, 2010 | Philips 47PFL7403D 47 in. LCD TV

1 Answer

Samsung HLN5065W color wheel installation


Check the wire connections one may be loose or not properly seated

May 11, 2009 | Samsung HLN5065W 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

LG RZ-37LZ55 LCD TV no piture or sound. Set popped prior to probl


just repaired mine same problem
available on ebay ( lg power supply repair kit £17.99 does the job well

Jan 01, 2009 | LG RZ-37LZ55 37 in. HD-Ready LCD...

1 Answer

I get picture but only static noise on sound


check to make sure all connections are tight if that does not work the EEPROM chip might be bad

Apr 10, 2008 | GE 32GT740 32" TV

1 Answer

How to unlock my rca tv


unlock?....does the set have no sound and piture? does the green light flash. i dont think this set locks like that you can lock out channels.

Dec 08, 2007 | RCA HD56W66 56" HDTV

2 Answers

Problem


Hi three months ago my kp-61hs30 tv looks like 3d picture and technician man replaced the two convergence Ic's but last night my tv looks like 3d picture and it look like is the picture goes down
i don't know why happened again

Oct 30, 2007 | Sony KP-61HS30 TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sanyo DP42849 42 in. HDTV Logo

248 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sanyo Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76046 Answers

 Grubhead
Grubhead

Level 3 Expert

5686 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1691 Answers

Are you a Sanyo Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...