Question about LeapFrog Tag Reading System
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Please take a look at this link and go through the steps. http://leapfrog.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/leapfrog.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1638&p_created=1208987240
Please let me know if this helps you out.
Posted on May 03, 2010
Testimonial: "The problem was with the country settings on the audio - it seems that the book I had was from the UK and not US. Thank you for your help."
Thanks for using Fixia.
Please try below instructions if they help .
You will want to use the LeapFrog Connect Tag Fixing Tool to see if you can resolve the issue. The instructions for Mac, and PC are listed below:
1. Begin with LeapFrog Connect closed
2. Click here: http://lfccontent.leapfrog.com/cs/tools/LeapFrogTagFixTool.exe for the download executable file.
3. A File Download box should pop up. Select "Run"
4. You will be prompted for a location to download the program to, you will see a message "Unzip to folder"
5. Click Browse and select your desktop as the location to save the folder
6. Click "Unzip"
7. This should create a folder on your desktop named "LeapFrogTagFixTool
8. On XP: Open the folder and double click on the TagFixTool to open
9. On Vista or Windows 7: Open the folder and right click on the TagFixTool and select "Run As Administrator"
10. Connect the Tag Reader or Tag Junior to the computer and turn it on
11. Click the button "Click once to fix your Tag Reader or Tag Junior"
12. Once the repair process is complete, follow steps printed on the screen to close the program and open LeapFrog Connect.
1. Download the LeapFrogTagFixTool.dmg and mount the image. File is located here: http://lfccontent.leapfrog.com/cs/tools/LeapFrogTagFixTool.dmg
2. Drag the FixIt application into your Applications folder.
3. Close the LeapFrog Connect application (if it is open.)
4. From the Applications folder, double-click the FixIt application file to open the LeapFrog Tag Repair Utility program.
5. Connect your Tag Reader or Tag Junior to the computer.
(Make sure your toy is powered on.)
6. To start the repair process, click the "Click once to fix your Tag Reader or Tag Junior" button.
7. Once the repair process is complete, follow steps printed on the screen to close the program and open LeapFrog Connect.
Note: Please be sure to be signed into your admin account and are connecting to a USB port directly on the computer, not a port on the keyboard or other hub.
Posted on Jul 02, 2010
In order to change the battery on the tag "reading pen" turn it over and there is what looks like a flat head screw head on the back of the tag, it should be white. Give that a quarter turn and the back should pop off, ours was kind of tough to get off but after the back comes off you can replace the 2 AAA batteries. I believe the "pen" has to be turned on to connect to the computer so this might fix your connection problem also.
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
SOURCE: i have lost the cables
Posted on Jun 13, 2011
SOURCE: I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.
I am having the same problem, contacted Tag (who is only there during work hours which really does not help) they supplied me with an alt connect file. That did not work either. Have you found a solution yet?
Posted on Jun 21, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2013 | LeapFrog Tag Reading System
Jan 24, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Dec 25, 2011 | LeapFrog Tag Reading System
Nov 09, 2011 | Fuji Cameras
Sep 22, 2011 | LeapFrog Tag Reading System
Jan 13, 2011 | LeapFrog Tag Reading System w/ Bundle
Mar 03, 2010 | LeapFrog Tag Reading System
Oct 03, 2017 | LeapFrog Tag Reading System w/ Bundle
Apr 07, 2009 | LeapFrog Tag Reading System w/ Bundle
206 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: