20 Most Recent Kohler K-10416-BN Fort½ Single Control Kitchen Faucet with Side Spray... Questions & Answers

the swivel on any tap has an "O" ring or seal at either side of the outlet into the arm
Any leaks from this area indicate a ring/seal failure

Kohler... | Answered on Jan 16, 2018

Look at washer issues in the shut off valve before the faucet. these have washers that stick and block flow. If not, you have to remove the faucet and disassemble, looking for particulate matter, but your description sounds like cut off valve issue, pretty common.

Kohler... | Answered on Mar 25, 2016

Contact the installer to check the cartridges or washers.

Kohler... | Answered on Dec 26, 2014

You can find it on amazon here: Save on Kohler Innovative Cimarron Toilet. Hope this was helpful. cheers

Kohler... | Answered on Nov 29, 2014

There are "o" rings in the area where it is leaking. You can get them at almost every hardware chain. Clean everything well with scotchbrite ant put silicon grease on before you put it back together.

Kohler... | Answered on Dec 17, 2013

Replace the cartridge

Kohler... | Answered on Mar 26, 2013

the pic u have up doesnt show it being a pull out u trying to fix airater?

Kohler... | Answered on Mar 08, 2013

Hi John,

Welcome to fixya!

Is the low water flow in both hot and cold? If it is only one that has a reduced flow, then check the incoming water lines under the sink for any kinks in the hose. When you took off the aerator, did the water flow increase without the aerator on? If it did, then soak the aerator in a vinegar/water solution for a while to clear the buildup from the screen. I know you said you cleaned the screen out, but sometimes a film will build on the screen also.

If the reduced flow is from both, probably the valve needs to be replaced. Be sure to turn the water off at both hot and cold before disassembling your faucet.
There are some things you can check once you disassemble the faucet. An o-ring could have disintegrated and plugged up the flow, or maybe it's out of place. Or, you could have crud buildup inside the valve. Once you get the valve out, you can try flushing it out by soaking it in a vinegar/water solution and then replacing it. If that does not help, then replace the valve. You must have the exact valve number as different model faucets use different valves even from the same company.

Here is a webpage with a parts diagram for your faucet: http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1084452_2.pdf

Page 8 has directions on how to get to the valve.

Good luck.

Hope this helps. If it does, I'd appreciate your vote. Thanks,

Handie Andie

Kohler... | Answered on Jun 29, 2011

This faucet has two O rings under the handle..Turn the water off at the valves under the sink, there is an allen wrench screw at the back of the handle. Loosen the allen screw, take the handle off. Then you will have to unscrew the faucet head from the base. (counter clockwise). Once the head is off you should see two O rings you will have to change them both. Also, inspect the O ring on the head itself. You should go ahead and change them all. Hope this works for you.

Kohler... | Answered on May 14, 2011

Go here first http://www.kohlerserviceparts.kohler.com/ServicePartsPage.aspx?DocumentID=b88270fcf7464e44a3228751fb5f371c&ModelID=556ebdc2936d4f5d8d2dda4f02300621
You need a pair of chanel lock priers and a set of Allen wrenches some snap ring pliers some sort of small tool to get the o-rings off (a dental tool works good for this) and then just some general tools and some plumbers lube for the reassembly.

Kohler... | Answered on Mar 13, 2011

Don't pay that Plumber or for the part he or she put in.
Get a new Plumber that knows what he or she is doing and have them put in a new correct factory part.
Your right it it should not be doing that.

Kohler... | Answered on Mar 07, 2011

small alen set scew remove on handel,sometime there is a decorativ plug on top remove first then remove nut below that and deverter should be under it.

Kohler... | Answered on Jan 21, 2011

You need to tighten retaining nut on the underside of sink. You will probably need someone to hold faucet steady while you tighten nut. Yom may be able to use channel lock pliersor adjustable wrench. They can be hard to get to as there is not much room. If you have to you can get a basin wrench at most hardware stores. Usually around $15.00. The head will turn from 90 degrees on one side to 90 degrees on other. To use turn head so that open end of jaws are pointing to your right if you are laying on your back under sink.Open jaws and put around retaing nut and turn counterclockwise. This will tighten jaws around nut and you should be able to tighten nut. If you need to you can apply penetrating fluid on threads and get it to tighten. Hope this helps. Thanks

Kohler... | Answered on Nov 14, 2010


Go to page 15 it has an exploded view of the faucet.

Kohler... | Answered on May 23, 2010

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kohler K-10416-BN  Fort½ Single Control Kitchen Faucet with Side Spray... Logo

Popular Tags

44 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kohler Plumbing Experts


Level 3 Expert

4357 Answers

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

687 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3417 Answers

Are you a Kohler Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

Kohler Plumbing

  • Kohler Plumbing

Most Popular Question

replacing cartridge 1016814 in kohler

  • Plumbing