20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I am looking for a
- By no power do you mean you get no response from CD or radio out of the speakers when trying to use the radio? Should this be the case then I'd like you to check a few places.
- First look to make sure the wires in the back are not broke or the insulation has somehow been negated.
- Next is to check the power wires and ground wire. Look for an inline fuse anywhere between the battery and either power wires. One should always be installed to prevent a surge reaching the head unit so make sure to check for a fuse. Replace if blown with same size fuse, never bigger.
- Remove the face plate and notice the reset hole (last hole on the left) Take a pen or other pointed but not sharp item and stick it into that hole and hold for 10 seconded. Then retry.
- Make sure the contacts for the face plate where it hooks into the head unit are clean and don't have any grime buildup that would prevent any of the contacts from contacting.
- Next you can try removing all power wires and wait for 5 minutes and re-connect. Sometimes this will also reset the unit.
- I know you asked for a manual. I don't have the exact one. I do have a similar one that I can offer. http://www.premiumleisure.com/Manuals/nov07/Hydro_Spa_JBL_Stereo.pdf
- Your unit was discontinued and not made for long and this may be a part of why the manual is difficult to find... for free anyway it is. I can say I don't need a manual to help you determine why the unit is not powering on.
- How are you determining has power but just not responding to the on/off button? A volt meter check to the wires perhaps at the back of the radio? If you get power to the wires at the back of the radio then double check your ground real well because if the ground is good then, at that point, the head unit is bad.
- If you perform all the tests I stated above and still no dice then the head unit is bad. There is no "code" for the radio so that will not be a factor. It's really a process of elimination.
- Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa.
JBL Am/Fm/Cd 180...
on Aug 06, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?