Hi, Dana if your bike has been sitting idle for months or years and you did not do any pre-storage maintenance I feel your pain it will probably have a dead battery and not want to start or if it starts it will not idle unless the choke is full on and run poorly then stall, here are the following steps necessary to complete in order to get your bike back to an acceptable running condition and in the future pour in a bottle of fuel stabilizer and injector cleaner for you FI folks at least 2 times a year and before storage.
1. If your battery was 2-3 years old when you last had the bike running you should replace it.
2. If you believe your battery might still be serviceable remove it from the bike and put it on a 1 or 2 amp trickle charger for 24 hours. If it is the old lead acid type with visible cells and acid levels fill each cell to the top line with distilled water and replace the caps, run the vent tube into a plastic or styrofoam cup, any cells that are cloudy/milky replace the battery.
3. After charging the battery remove the leads and let it sit for a couple of hours then check the battery voltage with a voltmeter, you should have 12.5 volts or more, any readings in the 11 volt range you need to do a proper "LOAD" test on the battery and replace as necessary, you may have 12.5 volts or better but little or zero amps, any readings in the 10 volt range you have a dead cell and the battery needs to be replaced.
4. Drain and flush fuel tank if it rusty there is a cheap and easy fix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUYr_7SwGms
5. Remove and inspect your air cleaner paper elements that are not oil soaked can be cleaned with a soft brush and low pressure compressed air, oil-soaked elements must be replaced. Gause mesh and foam elements can be cleaned by soaking them in a container big enough to completely cover them with a solution of 1 gallon of water and 1 oz. of Dawn dishwashing liquid for small and medium size elements, for monster size double the formula and let soak for at least one hour then rinse with warm water shake off excess and let air dry, "WARNING" do not use compressed air as this will embed micro-sized dirt and road grime and destroy the mesh pattern and stretch foam elements out of shape just squeeze it like a sponge and let air dry, use a fan if you're in a hurry. When completely dry spray a very fine mist of air filter oil evenly around the whole element.
6. Remove the carburetors, disassemble and decontaminate with a "CARB DIP" or if you have EFI remove injectors and clean with carb spray and compressed air
7. Check intake manifold and seals for leaks and craks.
8. Remove fuel valve and filter disassemble and clean as necessary, remove, clean, and inspect fuel and vacuum lines and replace as necessary.
9. Replace spark plugs with new ones and check for spark.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day. Motorcycle Views How To Winterize Moped http://www.family-motorsports.net/GY6-50cc-150cc.pdf Chinese Scooter Parts Diagrams http://absolutelyscooterparts.net/pdf/CGEN_dawg_scooter_manual.pdf
Does this scooter have electronics on it ? If it does then that is where you want to look. If it has electronic ignition you might have ruined the Module. Light bulbs will be okay. You will need a OHM meter and start checking out all the wiring and fuses (there should be more than one fuse) The charging system may have to be replaced too. Good luck to you
I don't know of any cd players that will record and burn albums, but I'm sure there are some out there that do that. The easiest way to record and burn an album to cd is by using your cd/dvd drive on your computer.
If you are a good handyman you can do the following: (1) Go to a hardware store and buy a cheat DVM (digital voltmeter). Go to the other bulb and measure the voltage and write down on paper. Then CAREFULLY remove the bulb and place it where the other one burnt out twice. Measure the voltage the same way. If the two voltages are identical, then it was simply a coincidence, take the burnt bulb and go to the Electronic Parts Store and buy two bulbs (the reason for two is that the other one remaining will also go not before too long). If the voltage is ghigher than the previous reading, take it to the attention of the manufacturer. There is a design error by their engineers and they need to fix it. They most likely will send you a new unit and ask to return the old one, so they can evaluate it. Now when we are talking about volts, we talk about tenths of volts difference. This scheme will also work with LEDs, but the bulb with the lower voltage is the one at fault. CONSTANTIN
Can anyone please help me.. may megavision ako, I connect it to my sony tv and sony home theatet system pero pag kumanta ako may delays sa voice ko.ano po pwede ko gawin para mawala yun please helppp...
There is no magic mouse milk for it. The weight should be enough to keep the styles in grove (just enough) It is not difficult to set up the tone arm.Use a good quality cartridge. There is needle it is a stylus
I use 2 AT turntables from the 1970's