Frigidaire... | Answered on Jul 03, 2014
Frigidaire... | Answered on Feb 25, 2013
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Frigidaire... | Answered on Jan 01, 2011
Frigidaire... | Answered on Jun 13, 2010
Frigidaire... | Answered on Mar 08, 2010
Frigidaire... | Answered on Mar 01, 2010
Frigidaire... | Answered on Oct 02, 2009
Frigidaire... | Answered on Jul 31, 2009
Frigidaire... | Answered on Jul 25, 2009
Frigidaire... | Answered on Jan 05, 2009
Frigidaire Ovens | Answered on Nov 05, 2019
22 questions posted
Usually answered in minutes!