20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My ps3 60gb doesn't read blu-rays
It is either firmware or lens problem. In either case the PS will be replaced or repaired for free by Sony, this is considered factory defect.
Contact Sony at the number listed on the PS manual, or see PS3™ | Support online.
About the lens problem, a BRD device with lens issue may be able to read DVD and CD but not BRD.
on Jun 04, 2018
60 gb ps3 motherboard
when you reflow the chip do you put the copper plate in after as if you have to keep reflowing the chip sounds like you have not fitted it. its a copper square plate. heatsink paste on both sides and screw down after resinked.
on Feb 05, 2018
My PS3 will not play sounds on games.
1. In the PS3's XMB, go to the left and select Settings.
2. In Settings, go into SoundSettings.
3. Select Audio Output Settings, and select the type of cable you use.
4. The next page will give you an option for Automatic or Manual. Select Manual.
5. The next page will give you a list of all the audio settings the PS3 can output. Unselect every option except the ones grayed out, which are required.
6. The next page will ask you to confirm the selections, say yes.
7. (OPTIONAL) For those using HDMI cables, now that we have set them to default settings, we can actually start the process over again, but instead of selecting Manual we will select Automatic. This will force the PS3 to scan the devices again and set up the correct list of output modes.
on Jan 06, 2018
Sometimes when I'm playing movies (blu-ray), my
try with another HDMI cable.
also, is your ps3 connected to the net? some newer bluray support functions that are not available on the player and they need an update.
given how old the ps3 is, it may not fully support playback.
on Nov 14, 2017
Ps3 freezes before getting to main menu!!
I had the same problem bud. I rushed and contacted sony but the next day my friend told me a great solution tht safed me 150 $. Well basicly your ps3 is lika a PC. All you nerd to do is to get to the hard drive menu. By holding the power button for 10 sec but do that for 3 times. That will take you to the blue menu. From there just reset your hard drive and wola brand new.
Ps Same thing happend after i downloaded the house app. booo to the house lol
on Oct 04, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?