20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My printer canon i9100 is not feeding paper. I
I suggest you unplug the machine from power, remove all paper from the feed slots, lay out some news paper. Then turn the printer upside down, hold it over the news paper, and give it a couple of healthy whacks on the base. See what falls out. If lots of junk falls out, put it all back together and try a test print. If the paper still doesn't feed, you may need to clean the pick-up roller with a cloth damped with water, a drop of detergent and a few drops of alcohol.
on Nov 08, 2017
How do I clean and refurbish my old i9100
I doubt the waste tank is full, as the wide carriage printer can hold much more. As for cleaning, be very careful. I ruined 2 printheads for my using "magic" cleaner. Must have soaked the flexible traces together or apart. All I get is the bad head signal now..
on Aug 16, 2013
What's your problem?canon i9100 error 306
When you attempt to print from your Canon Printer using a Mac, a message appears stating Error 306.
- Click the Apple icon in the top left of the screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax.
- If the padlock in the bottom left is locked:
Click it, enter your password and click OK.
- Click the - button. to remove the printer and the + to add it again leaving the options on default..
on May 19, 2012
How do i empty waste ink absorber
You can try this I found.
Reset Procedures for Canon i9100 Printers
Please all I ask is call back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one, so I will keep on helping.All The Best: Pineworks
- Turn off Canon i9100
- Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
- Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
- Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
- Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
- When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
- Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
- Your Canon i9100 Printers should respond as normal.
on Apr 14, 2011
Printer does not want to switch on after Change of
Remove your printer from the PC and uninstall the printer software. Now reinstall the printer software and connect the Printer to be detected and installed. Check printer properties to see the ink levels.
Use head cleaning before a test is taken . It is possible that the head is not reacting to the need of the command , can be an issue with ink drying , can also be poor ink cartridge contacts
on Feb 17, 2011
Turn on enable bidirectional
- In Control Panel, click Printers.
- Right-click the bidirectional printer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Ports tab, click Enable bidirectional support, and then click OK.
Also if parallel port, this is also set in BIOS, under LPT port settings.
on May 17, 2010
Canon i9100: colors printing incorrectly
I've had the Canon i9100 since 2003 and have excellent photo printing results. In 2009 it started playing up and I'd gt some banding. More recently, black didn't want to print. It was as though the black ink in the print head got dry some days.
April 2010 - The colours started printing strange and I bought a brand new print head and installed it. Only takes a minute. Still had an issue with photo printing. Black and white was excellent but colours weren't true.
Found advice online to try cleaning the print head to print head carrier electrical contacts by rubbing them with a rubber eraser.
I did that and now I'm getting perfect colour photo prints again.
I had been thinking about buying a new A3+ printer but this is old printer is now working as good as new.
on May 09, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?