20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Print Screen key will not inititate the printer to
The Print Screen key on your computer doesn't really print the screen. What it does it take a picture of the screen, and puts it into your clipboard.
You can then Paste (Control-V) the image into a program such as Paint or Word.
Print Screen by itself does a full screen image capture.
Control-Print Screen only takes a picture of the topmost window.
I hope this helps.
on May 24, 2016
Printing only left side of a page, right side totally blank
What application are you using to print text? Word?
Try a simple application, like Notepad or Wordpad, to print some simple two-liner text.
Does printer print ALL the text on left side or just the half of printable material?
Even if you are indicating that page size is correct, looks to me some problem with the selection of print area.
on Oct 03, 2015
Dell photo 926 printer communication problem
1)right click the my computer icon
2)click properties and then click hardware n go to device manager.
3)uninstall all usb ports and then scan for hardware changes
4)ur pc will detect your printer and ask for printer drivers
5)re load drivers and your pc will communicate with your printer
6)for reloding install the cd follow the instructions on the screen and click next
7)restart when the printer is loded.connect the wires and cords properly.
on Mar 31, 2015
How do I clean rollers on my dell printer
How to Clean Your Printer's Rollers
- Turn Off Your Printer - Use the power button to turn off your printer. After it has successfully powered off, unplug it. You don't want any power coming into the machine while you are cleaning it.
- Let it Cool Down - Even if you haven't printed anything recently, you should still let your printer cool down for a few minutes. While it's on standby, it can build up a decent amount of heat. The last thing you need is to burn yourself while trying to clean its rollers.
- Remove the Paper Tray - In most cases, you will need to remove the paper tray in order to gain access to the printer rollers. This is usually as simple as pulling it right out. You will have to remove any paper that is in it first. If you're unsure about how to remove the tray, refer to your owner's manual. Don't force the tray out of your machine. You could inadvertently damage it by doing so.
- Remove the Ink Cartridges - This step isn't always necessary. If the ink cartridges stand between you and the rollers though, you will have to remove them. Simply remove them as if you are going to exchange them for new ones.
- Have Your Supplies Ready - You probably already have what you need to clean the printer rollers. A lint-free cloth is a must, and water will generally suffice. If you'd prefer, you may also use isopropyl alcohol. However, you should wipe the components down with water after cleaning them with the alcohol. If you don't, an oily reside could be left behind, and it could have a very negative impact on print quality.
- Clean the Rollers - Now it's time to get down to business. Lightly dampen your lint-free cloth with water or alcohol. Squeeze it out to ensure that it's not too wet. Hold the cloth in one hand and press it lightly against the first roller. With your other hand, gently rotate the roller until you have cleaned it all the way around. Be extremely careful. Do not use too much pressure. You might have to run it through a few times to remove all of the residue.
- Repeat for Each Roller - Simply repeat the same process for each printer roller.
- Get Ready to Print - Once you're satisfied that the rollers are clean and dry, replace the ink cartridges. Replace the paper tray and load it with paper. Plug the machine back in and power it up again.
Dell Social Media and Communities
on Sep 11, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?