20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How do i download music
How to Put Songs on Disney Mix Max
The Disney Mix Max portable media player is capable of playing audio files in the MP3 format. It can also play videos formatted as WMV and display photos formatted as JPEG. You can convert audio files into MP3 using the Disney Mix Max software -- Mix It Plug-in. The plug-in works with Windows Media Player 10. This software CD came with the player and is not available online. To download music to the device, you can use Windows Media Player 10 or Windows.
Things You'll Need:
* USB cable
* Mix It Plug-In installation CD
Convert Non-MP3 Files
Install Mix It Plug-In. Insert the Mix It Plug-in installation CD into the computer's optical drive. Click "Install Mix It Plug-In" when prompted. If no screen opens, double-click on the "My Computer" icon. Double-click on the installation CD icon. Then double-click on the setup or installation file; this file is often formatted as EXE. Select to have the program saved to your desktop. Then double-click on the desktop icon -- "disneymixitplugin" to open the setup wizard. Click "Next" in the setup screen. Follow any additional setup prompts.
Open Windows Media Player 10 and create a playlist. To create a playlist, click "Library" and select "Now Playing." Drag songs from your computer to the "Now Playlist List" pane. Click the "Now Playing List" title to open the menu and select "Save Playlist As." In the "Save As" dialog box, enter a name for the playlist and select "Save."
Open Mix It Plug-In. Select "Yes" when asked to save analysis information for your music files. The software will analyze each track's compatibility with the Disney Mix Max player.
Press "Go!" to start the conversion process. Once the process is complete, an inactive "Go!" will be displayed. All music that has been converted is still listed in your Windows Media Player 10 playlist. You are now ready to download music to the player using Windows Media Player.
Windows Media Player 10
Open Windows Media Player 10 on your computer.
Remove the USB jack cover located on the bottom of the Disney Mix Max. Insert the compatible end of the USB cable into the USB port on the Disney Mix Max. Insert the other end of the cable into the computer's USB port.
Click "Library" and click a playlist name. To create a playlist, click "Library" and select "Now Playing." Drag songs from your computer to the "Now Playlist List" pane. Click the "Now Playing List" title to open the menu and select "Save Playlist As." In the "Save As" dialog box, enter a name for the playlist and select "Save."
Select the "Sync List" tab and choose "Sync List" from the menu.
Verify the items to be synced to the Mix Max, or right-click on a song title and select "Delete" to remove it. Click "Start Sync" to download music to the Mix Max.
Insert the USB cable to the Disney Mix Max USB jack. Connect the player to the computer with the USB cable.
Click on the desktop "Start" menu and choose "My Computer."
Double-click on the "Removable Disk" that corresponds with your connected device.
Drag songs saved on your computer with your mouse into the Removable Disk folder.
Tips & Warnings
If you converted files using the Mix It Plug-In, you will need to use Windows Media Player 10 to sync them to the player.
Disney Mix Max...
on Feb 07, 2018
My mix max player doesn't charge
I have seen this problem before with these units. It is generally caused by not following instructions when disconnecting the unit from the usb cable. The software interrupts the charge port signal between the battery and the dci processor. The unit will function just fine and nothing will seem wrong until the battery runs out completely. There is a simple fix for this but it is not necessarily an easy one.
1. Take apart the case of the unit. The easiest approach to this is to carefully pry apart the case at the sd card port with a small prying tool or butterknife. Take care with the large clips at the ends and corners of the unit that hold it together. You will most likely break every one of the smaller case clips on the sides when the case comes open. This is fine. The case will still hold together very strong with only the larger end clips. Remove any broken side clip pieces before putting the case back together so the case will close snug and tight.
2. With the case apart, note where the battery connects to the board and unlug it. Find a small ac adapter of about 5.5 volts to 9 volts but with no more than 600 milliamps output voltage. This will need to have a recessed tip on the male adapter prong like the one pictured in this url--- http://www.elderly.com/images/accessories/ACC/PS200R.jpg --- If you have technical knowledge in electronics and the right equipment then you can use an adjustable power supply with stinger tips to penetrate the battery plug. Note on the picture that the back of the adapter tells whether the positive or negative is located inside or outside the tip. BE SURE NOT TO CROSS THE LEADS WHEN TAPPING INTO THIS CONNECTION TO CHARGE THE BATTERY!!! Once the battery has died completely and the system becomes unresponsive the dci processor and charge port resets automattically but will not charge with out some power on the battery and since the battery is completely dead you must charge it for a moment in order to get the unit to acknowledge the reset and start taking a charge on it's own. on the battery red is positive. Connect the battery leads to the adapter using small wire leads for 30 secs. Replug the battery into the units board and turn on. the unit will power up and a message will come on screen stating that the battery is low and to recharge it.
3. Immediately reassebmle units case carefully and plug in the unit to a charger/usb cord. When unit fully charges ...unplug. That's it! (NOTE: IF YOU CHARGE THE UNIT USING A USB CABLE YOU MUST CLICK THE ICON IN THE SYSTEM TRAY THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SAFELY REMOVE THE UNIT AND THEN DISCONNECT OR YOU WILL SOON BE REPEATING THE ABOVE STEPS!!!)
Disney Mix Max...
on Sep 05, 2016
How do you put movies dvds and videos on your mix max mp3 player?
Ok these are the directions from start to finish.
You need Prism Video Converter and Windows Media Encoder 9 series. You can google both and download for free. You use Prism Video Converter to convert AVI or whatever file to WMV and then use Windows Media Encoder 9 Series to convert the WMV file to a WMV9 file. I know its stupid but if you follow my directions it will work and it cheaper then buying the individual cartridges. Once you have these installed do the following.
Click and open up Prism Video Convertor.
Click to "ADD FILES" on top toolbar. Find and choose the movie you want to convert and double click on the movie and it will add it to the list. Add all the movies that you want to convert. Each one takes about an hour.
At the bottom choose a different output folder. Then scroll through the OUTPUT FORMAT tab at the bottom and choose. .WMV
Click on ENCODER OPTIONS and change everything to the following:
Video Compressor------ Windows Media Video 9
Video bit rate ------------- 4096
Sound Compressor ----- Windows Media Audio 9.2
Sound Format ------------ 128 kbps,48 kHz Stereo CBR
Press ok and then click on VIDEO OUTPUT OPTIONS and change everything to the following
Make sure that there is a check next to RESIZE VIDEO "Shrink or enlarge video to selected size."
Height --- 176
Make sure that there is a check next to CHANGE FRAMERATE
Click on OK and then CONVERT when the movie is finished you can move on to the next step
Open Windows Media Encoder 9
click on COVERT A FILE and press OK
Then choose your source file ( the movie you just converted with Prism)
Then Choose a new output file like make a new folder and name it MIX MAX MOVIES and click ok
On the next screen just press ok. Don't worry about the setting at this point because we will change them later.
Name the movie. and click ok and FINISH
Once the converter starts press the STOP button on the top toolbar., its RED, a window will pop up, click CLOSE to close the window. Then at the top of the converter click on the PROPERTIES tab. A window will pop open. Click on the COMPRESSION tab in the middle of several tabs. Click EDIT on the right hand side of the COMPRESSION window.
Now you should see 2 tabs. A GENERAL tab and a 259kbps tab
On the GENERAL TAB change everything to the following:
Make sure Video and Audio are both checked
Audio CBR Windows Media Audio 9.2
Video CBR Windows Media Video 9
Click the 259kbps tab and change to the following. ( If you see something I don't mention here THEN DON'T CHANGE IT )
Audio Format 128 kbps, 48 (NOT 44) kHz Stereo CBR
Video Size 220X176
Frame Rate 30
Key Frame Interval 2 sec
Video Bit Rate 384K (this is a little tricky. MAKE SURE IT SAYS 384K)
Buffer Size 5 sec
Video Smoothness 0
Decoder Complexity Simple
for a total of 521.02
CLICK APPLY and wait a few seconds for it to apply and then START ENCODING on top toolbar. When this movie is finished it will play on your MIX MAX, if it still says that the FILE IS NOT SUPPORTED then you have to go into the setting on the max and change the mass storage setting. There are 2 choices can't remember off hand what they are but choose the opposite one obviously and try again. Also you actually have to go to the movies or video tab on the max player not NOW PLAYING cuz that button is pointless.
any problems email me @ email@example.com
I have converted many movies that have worked on both our players so if you follow these directions correctly there shouldn't be a problem.
Disney Mix Max...
on Apr 28, 2016
Deleting song off my mix max
You might want to delete it all off of ther and start over. Mine did that and it said the files were corrupted. I think it happnes after a while with the mix max. I don't know what else you can do. I know you have to plug it in, and go to "open folder to veiw files" you can delete them one by one from there.
Disney Mix Max...
on May 18, 2014
Downloading Music onto Mix Max
If the music is already on your computer, it must be in mp3 format, do the following;
1) Open Windows media Player,
2) Connect your Disney Mix Max
4) "Drag" song to where it says "Drag items here",
5) Click "Start Sync"
Disney Mix Max...
on Apr 16, 2013
Not finding what you are looking for?