Yes, there are lots of methods to transfer pictures from computer to iPad. Just follow one of the methods shown below.
Using iTunes to sync photos with iPhone is also easy. As a media management center, iTunes helps you easily manage data and files (purchased and non-purchased) on your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod). You could easily sync data and files to iPhone with iTunes. But you should be very careful of the syncing function of iTunes because it is a double-edge sword. Once wrong click, you may lose data in your iPhone. You'd better back up your iPhone to iTunes
before you try to sync photos to iPhone with iTunes. The following steps are going to show you how to transfer photos from PC to iPhone with iTunes:
1. Plug your iPhone into computer via the USB cable. Launch iTunes if it doesn't launch automatically. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
3. In the sidebar on the left side of the iTunes window, click Photos tab under your iPhone.
4. Click the box next to "Sync Photos". If instead you see "iCloud Photos is On", all of your photos and videos are already on all of your devices that use iCloud Photos. You don't need to sync them through iTunes.
5. Choose the app or folder that you want to sync from. If you choose to sync a folder with sub-folders, the first level of sub-folders will appear as albums on your device.
6. Choose to sync all photos and albums or selected albums.
7. Select "Include videos" to sync the videos from your app or folder too.
8. At last, click the "Apply" button.
You may need your Apple ID to start the photo syncing. If iTunes asks, type your Apple ID into the blank, and then the synchronization starts.
But as mentioned above, iTunes is a double-edge sword. iTunes has very strict content management system, and the software never allows users to transfer files which are not got from iTunes back to computer or iTunes Library. So when you are transferring photos from PC to iPhone, iTunes wants to sync with your iPhone. Once syncing with it, you may lose the files which are not got from iTunes.
For more methods, check: How to Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone