20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How do you change the toner cartridge on the xerox
You can always find your solution to a Xerox problem at the Xerox Knowledgebase.
Here is the direct link to this solution with pictures!
Solution : Replace the Drum / Toner (Dry Ink) Cartridge
CAUTION: Do not use warm water or cleaning solvents to remove Toner (Dry Ink) from your skin or clothing. This will set the Toner and make it difficult to remove. If any Toner gets on your skin or clothing, use a brush to remove the Toner, blow it off, or wash it off with cold water and mild soap. If not, launder your clothes with detergent and cold water. If the fabric label says to dry clean, inform a commercial dry cleaner that the spot is Toner so that they will not use a solvent that will set the stain. NOTE:
Make sure the Cartridge part number corresponds to the machine model. If an incorrect Cartridge is installed the message 'Check Drum / Toner (Dry Ink) Cartridge Message' will continue to appear on the machine display.
- While lifting the upper, right-hand cover release lever of the machine, pull the upper right hand cover towards the right until it stops.
- Open the Front Cover on the machine.
- Grasp the Cartridge by the handle on the front, and slide it toward you until the top handle is completely clear of the machine.
- Lift up on the top handle and slide the cartridge out of the machine.
CAUTION: Do not shake the cartridge and this could cause the Toner to spill.
- Before you remove the new cartridge from the bag, shake it vigorously from side to side several times to loosen the contents.
- Holding the new cartridge by the top handle, begin sliding it into the machine as indicated in the picture above. Do not push on the handle on the front of the cartridge as the cartridge will jam.
- Hold the cartridge in place and pull the Toner seal tape until the cartridge is completely in place.
- Close the Front Cover.
- Close the upper right-hand cover.
- If necessary, press [C] on the Control Panel to clear any messages. The system will initiate a Copy Quality adjustment cycle after you press the [Start] button.
on May 29, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?