20 Most Recent
- Page 7 Questions & Answers
I have a Radio Shack 15-2102 4 in 1 universal remote remote. Im looking for codes for a Yamaha RX-V496 receiver. I need help finding the codes so I can use this remote with the Yamaha tuner Thanks.
This is from the Radio Shack web site:
If you have tried all of the set-up codes for your brand of equipment ,or your brand is not listed, and you are still not able to get the unit to respond, try the following procedure to search for your code.If you don't find a code that works, the remote will flash four times when you reach the end of all the codes for this device type.
- PRESS the button for the device you want to program, (TV, VCR, CABLE, etc.), then RELEASE.
- PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
- ENTER 9-9-1 (two blinks on the remote)
- ALTERNATE slowly between the POWER key and the DEVICE (TV, VCR, CABLE, etc.) button until your device turns off. (On VCR, LD, and CD players use PLAY instead of POWER)
Make sure that the remote is pointed at your device during the search, You may have to press this sequences of buttons up to 100 times to search the entire library of codes.
- When your device turns OFF, PRESS the SETUP button and RELEASE it to lock in the code for your device.
on Dec 18, 2018
How do you reset the
THE ANSWER (TO MINE AT LEAST) IS HERE:
As a safety precaution, when the protection circuitry operates 3 times consequently, the capability to turn on the power is disabled.
Solution (according to Yamaha service):
Plug the power cord out. Plug it back in.
Press the following three buttons at the same time for 5 seconds: Main Zone + Info + Tone Control
The receiver will open.
on Nov 27, 2018
How to reset yamaha receiver rx 497
First check all you speaker wiring and connections for short circuits and bad connections. Also check the speakers are working correctly.
If that doesn't correct the problem, then it's probable that an internal fault has developed in the main amp section. Till that is fixed then the amp will continue to shut down.
on Nov 26, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?