20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My bobbin on my Singer 4562 keeps bunching up the
If you have the black bobbin case you must make sure you use only a good mercerised thread, there should be enough gap between the edge of the bobbin case and the silver adjuster to allow the thread to pass through, if there is not then you must slacken off the two screws and move it over a fraction.
on Oct 30, 2016
I cannot get my sewing machine stitch the
When you select a pattern does the needle move back and forth? do you make sure the stitch width lever is on straight stitch then select your pattern then select the widest stitch width? if when you select a zig zag stitch the needle does not move from side to side then you need to look in the top at the finger that goes round the cam.
on Mar 29, 2015
How to adjust bobbin case for proper movement.
- Using a doubled piece of fabric similar to what you have in mind for your project, sew a seam on the diagonal-pulling the fabric on the diagonal to break the threads. (Ideal tension would either break neither thread or break both threads. So, a single breaking thread signals that the tension needs adjusting.)
- Snap out the faceplate to remove it & to gain access the bobbin area below the sewing needle.
- Remove the bobbin case & bobbin-lifting the hinged latch that you would to wind a new bobbin-leaving the bobbin in the case. (You need it in there to feel the tension as you adjust it.)
- Using a small screwdriver, very slightly turn the screw on the side of the bobbin case clockwise to increase tension; counterclockwise to decrease tension.
- Pull the bobbin thread while you hold the bobbin in its case & feel the thread's tension. Too tight of tension would prevent the thread from dispensing (& possibly break), but too loose of tension would allow the bobbin to fall out of its case.
- Return the bobbin case to the sewing machine & close the faceplate.
- Repeat this whole routine from Step One on the doubled fabric. Stitching should run along both the top & the bottom in the same way-locking in the center. A diagonal pull of the fabric should show which thread(s) break(s). Repeat Steps Two through Four to only adjust the screw aside the bobbin case in order to allow the threads to lock in the center of the fabric with both threads having the same break or no-break result.
on Nov 29, 2014
Runs full speed without pushing the pedal!!!
- it sounds like the filter capacitor has failed. the capacitor is usually located inside the foot control but may be inside the machine itself.
try taking the foot control apart (dis-connect from power first). you should see a component rectangular in shape connected to the wires in the foot control. dis-connect this component (it will not adversely affect the running of your machine) and then re-assemble the foot control and test. if this did not fix the problem see a tech.
on Jun 26, 2014
The bobbin is bunching up when
try changing the needle
try rethreading the machine top and bobbin with a different thread
try a different bobbin--and then make sure the bobbin is turned the
make sure the to thread has not come off the thread take up lever
on Dec 21, 2012
Not finding what you are looking for?