Question about 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Have a 2000 hd ultra classic, all electrical system shuts down, while driving, then it will start back up @
Hi, Lowell and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system relay or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
15. Faulty fuel pump.
16. Faulty pressure regulator.
17. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
18. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
19. Catastrophic engine failure, perform a compression test.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below and for more specific information or questions at no charge please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Ultra classic shuts off while riding Harley Davidson Forums
2000 Harley Touring Service Manual pdf
Instant Repair Help over the Phone to speak with me personally $6
Posted on Feb 18, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: bike won`t start.
Your Crank Position Sensor, or Cam Position Sensor is likely to be the problem. If there is no signal from crank position sensor, bike will not fire the coil. ECM has no referance to position of motor. Making timing imposible.
Posted on May 30, 2009
Check the ground wire at the battery, at the negative post at the battery you'll find a smaller (black/yellow) wire, it must be plugged into the main harness, it might have become unplugged, the connections will be right close to the battery.
Posted on May 04, 2010
SOURCE: 2003 Ultra Classic shuts down
This problem has affected may of us. The problem could be the ignition switch. I have changed 3 on my bike and have had 2 other friends that have 2004 FLHTCU And 2004 FLTC that have had to do the same. Ae there any other symtoms? Do your Lights stay on or quit what esle is affected?
Posted on Jun 05, 2010
I had a problem like that on my 2003 ultra classic. turns out there was a recall on some electric block in the fairing. It was a main connection power block kinda thing. Anyway they replaced it and then it never happened again.
it would ride a while on a hot day 25 min freeway and then just shut down. wait and cool down and it would restart.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2018 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 16, 2014 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Apr 06, 2014 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Apr 03, 2013 | 2002 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jun 20, 2012 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jun 06, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Oct 07, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 29, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
May 18, 2010 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jun 09, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Mar 24, 2019 | Motorcycles
Mar 23, 2019 | Aprilia Motorcycles
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: