Question about BMW Motorcycles
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, Glen and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting, leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
BMW Motorcycle Spark Plug Covers
2005 2008 BMW K1200R K1200RS Service Manual Moto Data Project
BMW Parts Microfiche
BMW 1200 Rider Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Feb 19, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2014 | 2011 BMW K 1300 GT
Jan 02, 2014 | 2001 BMW R 1100 R
Sep 20, 2013 | BMW Motorcycles
Sep 05, 2013 | 2011 BMW K 1300 GT
Jun 28, 2012 | BMW R 1150 GS Motorcycles
May 23, 2011 | 2011 BMW K 1300 GT
May 16, 2011 | 1982 BMW R 100 RT
Aug 24, 2010 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
May 12, 2010 | 2008 BMW K 1200 GT
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: