Question about 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
How to reset alarm on a 2004 Vulcan my bike ran fine last year put it up for winter went to start and it just cranks don't know nothing about this bike took in on a trade please help @
Hi, Tim and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Kawasaki 1500 Anti theft Resistor and Starting
Kawasaki VN1500 Service Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 27, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2003 883 sportster wont start
What u are describing is typical of a faulty ignition system, but could also be a fuel problem. I check by removing the aircleaner and rotating the throttle. If u see a nice spray of fuel, thats probably not the problem. Check for a spark at the plugs. I can explain how if you need me to. If you cant see a good spark, U have an electrical problem. I had a crank position sensor go bad on me. Dont do what I did (replaced the battery, ignition, and regulator as part of my diagnosis procedure)
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
sounds like the needle and seat is not sealing.It is a common problem when bics are stored over winter.Either remove carb and clean nedle and seat or replace to be sure.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Time for a complete tune up, this time put a distributor cap on too, plugs wires cap rotor, and use quality parts. what you got here is condensation getting under dist. cap most likely because cap has a hairline crack in it.
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
try cleaning the battery terminals, check the battery voltage when you hit the starter, If you run it too long and it isnt charging a good battery you can damage the regulator again, same if you jump it off a car battery, it can cause damage
Posted on Apr 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2018 | 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Nov 15, 2013 | 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Sep 14, 2013 | 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
May 14, 2012 | 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Feb 25, 2012 | 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Feb 06, 2012 | kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic Tourer Fi...
Sep 22, 2011 | 1996 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Oct 16, 2010 | 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Sep 07, 2010 | 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Mar 20, 2010 | 2004 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
May 27, 2019 | Motorcycles
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: