Question about 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
The 1998 ninja 600 won't start, just turns over, but does start with a run and jump, what could this be, fuse, spark know? @
Hi, Eddie and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
05 zx6r suddenly wont start need help
Zx6r won start show you how to fix it
Kawasaki Ninja ZX 6R Service Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Kawasaki Ninja ZX 6R Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Apr 15, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
about 159mph. Top speed depends on a lot of things: rider weight, gearing, tire profile size..even when i raced i swear wearing a different style helmet coming out of turn#9 at willow springs into the wind i could feel the pressure building up and especially if you don't tuck down all the way...so if you weigh 200lbs, have a nice wheelie sprocket on the back with a real wide low profile cool looking race slick i'm sure you'll lose 10mph easy. so taking the avg. probably about 154mph. and then don't forget about speedo error of usually 3% at the high end, so this all works out to @ 150mph true speed. Not bad for a 12 year old bike!
Posted on Apr 03, 2010
Look for a light that says SECURITY or ANTITHEFT on the dash. This light could cause this problem. Explained on this link.
Posted on Nov 18, 2011
the clicking that you hear is coming from the starter relay. sounds like your ignition starter switch or ignition lock cylinder is bad.
Posted on May 30, 2012
SOURCE: 1998 chevy malibu
I have the same problem with my 2000 Malibu. All the dash lights will flash for a while and when I park the car, it will not restart. However, I have to disagree with all the solutions I have read regarding ignition and other things. I say this because if I disconnect the battery for approximately 15 minutes, allowing the computer to reset, it will start every time. I want to know what is causing this malfunction, is it the computer or what?
Posted on Jun 04, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2014 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Feb 25, 2013 | 2000 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jul 07, 2012 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Dec 21, 2017 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
May 02, 2012 | 1995 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Sep 06, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Aug 20, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Aug 02, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
May 21, 2010 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Feb 18, 2010 | 1995 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: