Question about 2006 Kymco People S 50
Cdi is a/c or d/c ?
Hi, Edwin and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
11. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
GY6 Electrical Troubleshooting Tutorial No Spark Eliminator
KYMCO PEOPLE 125 Service Manual
Kymco Scooter Parts ATVs Scooter Parts Performance Scooter Parts...
KYMCO PEOPLE 50 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Sep 06, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: kymco zx 50
the batt must read 12.6v always-no less--the alternator probly not workin rite--new brushes may need--stay away from that mechanic and nevr evr replace parts til solution known-relax
Posted on Feb 25, 2014
Testimonial: "ok tnx on advace,i will check the brushes,the battery is ok,it is from car,"
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 28, 2018 | 2006 Kymco ZX 50
Feb 08, 2017 | Kymco 2005 MXU 250
Jun 05, 2016 | Kymco Motorcycles
Nov 03, 2015 | Kymco Motorcycles
Jun 19, 2015 | Kymco Motorcycles
Aug 17, 2011 | 2003 Kymco Venox 250
Jan 06, 2011 | 2005 Kymco Xciting 250
Jan 01, 2010 | Kymco Stryker 125 Motorcycles
449 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: