Question about 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
I successfully cleaned bad carburetor, installed new ngk plug, started, and ran well, next day I cant get the engine to fire-up again. @
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
1997 ZX6R won start idle KawiForums Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Bike does not start help identify the issue
Kawasaki 1985 ZX600 Service And Repair Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Kawasaki Ninja Owners Manuals
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Mar 22, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Assuming it ran well before you installed new plugs, it sounds as if you installed plugs with an improper heat range. Black sooted up plugs indicates a too rich fuel mixture. If you have the proper plugs, check to be sure the plug wires are tight on the new plugs. Crossed plug wires could also cause backfiring.
Posted on Dec 30, 2009
SOURCE: vulcan 1500 classic 2000 year
Either the pickup coil is bad (triggers the coils) or maybe the ground is bad .
Or maybe they are both bad at the same time.Also check the ignition switch.Remove the ignition switch wiring harness out.Disconnect the wires, then clean them and reconnect and then check voltage to the wires, if all is perfect, then try to start, it will give spark, if still no spark and coils are new and replaced, then its short in ignition switch issue.Check the ignition switch wires, any of the wire is crimped/pinched and got cut in between or got loose from its connection.--------------Or its a bad ground issue.-------
This should help.Thanks.Helpmech.
Posted on Jun 03, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2014 | 2000 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Apr 22, 2014 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Mar 19, 2014 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Nov 23, 2013 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Dec 15, 2012 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
May 06, 2012 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Apr 15, 2012 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jul 23, 2011 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Aug 02, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
May 12, 2010 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: