Question about Suzuki GSX-R 750 Motorcycles
Hi, i have GSX-R 750 for some reason while riding bike just makes noise loose power and cut out, did it the day before it came right after a while and did same today. Where do I start looking for the problem. I found some light wires were worn through and they melted some fuses and wires but replaced them all. The battery had a 20 amp fuse that was melted away so can it still be electrical or is it mechanical? Can someone please help? Thanks
Hi, Robert and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Faulty fuel pump.
15. Faulty pressure regulator.
16. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
17. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Help bike cut out while riding Suzuki GSX Motorcycle Forums Gixxer com
bike cut off while riding
Suzuki GSX R750 Service Manual
OEM parts for Suzuki
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jun 10, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
To my knowledge, there are no onboard electrical/electronic components capable of shorting and blowing the fuse with out blowing any of the secondary fuse. The main fuse could possibly blow due to a short in the wiring or an exposed/frayed wire touching the body. The three most likely areas would be:
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
SOURCE: bike shut off when riding.
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
Your description indicates an electrical malfunction. Offhand, the jump start and charging is significant. This points to the bike's battery not charging. Suspects would be:
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
Your petcock could be bad try a pingel for a sure fix. Also check your vent on top of the gas tank, they become clogged a small piece of wire will clear it be sure you can **** air out of it. Unless your problem is electrical these may fix the problem.
Posted on Sep 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2018 | 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Aug 16, 2017 | 2003 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Apr 14, 2013 | 1991 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Mar 16, 2017 | 2003 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
Oct 16, 2017 | 1990 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Apr 11, 2010 | 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Aug 24, 2009 | 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Aug 12, 2009 | 2002 Suzuki GSX-R 600 M
Dec 07, 2017 | 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 750
615 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!