Question about 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
Engine will turn , but will not fire
Hi, Tim and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
18. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
19. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Troubleshooting bike that will crank but won start
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XV1900A Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jan 11, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2013 | Italjet Motorcycles
Jan 10, 2013 | 2011 Yamaha Stratoliner
Jan 06, 2013 | 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner S
Dec 22, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 27, 2012 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Intek V...
Jun 13, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 07, 2012 | GMC Sierra Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2017 | 1995 Plymouth Voyager
Sep 06, 2011 | 1996 Nissan Quest
Apr 28, 2011 | 1991 GMC C1500
Jul 22, 2019 | Yamaha Motorcycles
308 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: