Question about 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
My 1999 ninja zx6r dies at 5000 rpm. Cleaned carbs, changed and check spark of spark plugs, fuel pump, and hose. Nothing is working. Can someone help with an idea??? @
Hi, Amyl_woods82 and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Faulty or corroded kill switch.
11. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Fuel tank empty.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked, loosen gas cap and go for a test ride.
16. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
17. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
18. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
19. Petcock clogged or damaged.
20. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
21. Catastrophic engine failure, perform a compression test.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Losing power bogging on Freeway High RPM Scary Help Please Kawasaki Ninja ZX 6R 1995 2002 Service Repair Factory Manual Download... $15
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Kawasaki Ninja Owners Manuals
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Mar 23, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1986 Kawasaki Ninja won't fire
Theres fuel starvation, the carbs are not getting required fuel in other words the float chambers doesnt get the correct amount of fuel .
Check the fuel flow from the petcock to the carburators.
Check the float pin and adjust accordingly to get the right level inthe float chamber of each carburator.
Hope this helps!
Posted on May 23, 2009
SOURCE: seriously overheating zx6r ninja
With the 05 I would check the thermostat. With the 03 that is normal, my 02 cuts on and off around the same range. I put a switch in so I could turn my fan on when ever I wanted. I run mine once I get to 175...
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
SOURCE: seriously overheating zx6r ninja
my bike did the same thing, and it sounds to me like your riding in a lower gear and your thermostat sensor on the radiator needs to be replaced
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
It sounds like that hose which runs fron the cap area (inside) the fuel tank to the back bottom is broke, if you take it to a Kawasaki dealer and have your dealer call Kawasaki there is a good chance it will get covered as long as the tank is damaged. Those hoses (metal) that run inside the fuel tak sometimes crack, there is really not way of fixing them unless you cut the tank open and then you would need to reweld it.
Posted on May 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2014 | 2000 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jul 16, 2012 | 2006 kawasaki ZX-6R
Jul 07, 2012 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
May 06, 2012 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Sep 04, 2010 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Aug 03, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Aug 02, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jun 11, 2010 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Apr 27, 2010 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Oct 09, 2009 | 1998 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Oct 23, 2019 | Honda Motorcycles
193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: