Question about 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
Hi, Jortega22 and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary your battery may show 12.5 volts or more but have little or zero amps and must be replaced.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Fuel tank empty.
10. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Faulty fuel pump.
14. Faulty pressure regulator.
15. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Rough Idle Stalling and Misfiring
Yamaha XV19SW Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha ROADLINER XV19SW Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 08, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Carbs are not synchronize. Running richon yhe back and lean on the front. If each carb has irs own filer, check the rear carb air filter.. But for sure get the carbs synchronized. Good Luck.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
If your jetting is too rich it will be extremely hard to kick start it and will most likely flood it from kicking.First thing i would do is pull the top of the carbs off (cable,slides and needles) and see which clip they're set at. If they are set stock which would be middle clip then lower the needle one clip. This will lean the mix out and should start up easier with no problems,The idle issue is most likely just off.If your fiance still has the TORS on it then on top of the carbs he will see 2 dime size and screws and wires as soon as he takes his seat off.While running he can turn each dime size screw in or out to adjust the idle. If it has a TORS elimator kit on it then he won't have all the junk on top of the carbs and it will be just a cable and round cap screwed directly on top of the carbs and the idle screws will be on the side of each carb (brass color screws with nuts to tighten) same thing...in or out to adjust the idle where needed.Hope this helps.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
i think you will find that the cables you are referring to as powervalve cables (if you are talking about the xv1900 in the picture)are not powervalve cales you will find that they are for the auto decompression valve in the cylinder head,if you follow them back you will find they terminate on a lever with a tensioner you can back off the tensioner to remove them but shouldnt have to just to remove the header,hope this helps
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2014 | 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner S
May 19, 2014 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
Jan 08, 2014 | 2006 Yamaha Roadliner Midnight
Nissan Pathfinder Backfires? http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/02/nissan-pathfinder-backfires.html
---------How to adjust rpm? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-adjust-rpm-on-2009-dodge-charger.html
------------Engine cuts out at 3000 RPM? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/12/engine-cuts-out-at-3000-rpm.html
----------This will help.Thanks.
Feb 17, 2012 | 1992 Nissan Pickup
Aug 16, 2011 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
Apr 14, 2011 | 2004 Dodge Intrepid
Aug 18, 2010 | 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
Feb 13, 2009 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
1,243 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: