Question about 2008 Piaggio Zip 50
I have a 2008 zip 50 4t. It runs well in idle. But when I increase the throttle the engine nearly dies on me. It can also happen that when I test drive it runs well for a sec or two but before it reaches max rpm it cuts out. I changed the coil, CDI and spark plug. Also took the cab apart and cleaned all but no change. Perfect in idle but as soon as you want to crank it open it cuts out.@
Hi, Juergen and the usual suspects are:
1. Idle port, transfer ports, slow air jet clogged.
2. Idle adjusting screw set too low.
3. Air fuel mixture adjustment too lean.
4. Pilot/slow fuel jet clogged.
5. Faulty accelerator pump.
6. Float level too low.
7. Float bowl contaminated old fuel, water, dirt, rust, etc.
8. Carburetor bowl vent line clogged/blocked/pinched.
9. Fuel line to carburetor kinked or pinched.
10. Fuel filter clogged.
11. Intake manifold leak.
12. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
13. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
14. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
15. Multi carburetors not in sync.
16. Faulty fuel pump.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Scoot idles but dies when opening throttle
scooter bogs down when throttle it Scooter Doc Forum
Genuine Piaggio scooter parts spares Fowlers Parts
PIAGGIO ZIP 50 2T User Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Oct 23, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Juergen, FixYa sent me a notice that you want my opinion. The answer Mr. Ginting gave is correct. However, the main jet is brass and deterioration should not be a noticeable concern.
Posted on Sep 03, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2018 | 2011 Piaggio Zip 50
Nov 07, 2017 | 2009 Piaggio Fly 50
Oct 19, 2016 | 2009 Piaggio Fly 50
May 23, 2017 | 2007 Piaggio Fly 50
May 22, 2017 | 2005 Piaggio Zip 50
Dec 21, 2017 | 2008 Piaggio Zip 50
Sep 03, 2011 | 2008 Piaggio Zip 50
Mar 03, 2009 | 2004 Yumbo Dakar 200
Sep 15, 2011 | 2008 Piaggio Zip 50
537 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: