Question about 1996 Nissan 200SX
"If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:
1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again."
Posted on Sep 20, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: air bag light blinking
get this checked out asap. This indicates the air bag system has a problem, and may not deploy in the event of an accident. Did you just purchase the car w/ this problem, or have u had it a while? I ask, because if u purchased it w/ the blinking light, it could indicate the car was in an accident, the air bag deployed, and it wasn't replaced when repairs were made. That's the worse case scenario, get it checked, hopefully it's something not that serious. Let me know how u make out Curt
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
The Engines aren't the same for these two cars.
NISSAN SERENA RUNS EITHER: THE "SR" FAMILY ENGINE or THE "QR" FAMILY ENGINE. Find out which is yours.
NISSAN LARGO RUNS THE "KA" FAMILY ENGINE. IT IS THE SAME ENGINE FOUND INSIDE THE FAMOUS '240SX', I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
Common fault on FORD
Usually due to a poor connection in the YELLOW PLASTIC CONNECTOR underneath the passenger seat.
Just push it together properly and it should clear the AirBag fault
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2016 | 1995 Ford Taurus
Oct 03, 2014 | 2005 Nissan Almera 1.6
Nov 14, 2011 | 2005 Nissan Altima
Feb 23, 2010 | 1999 Nissan Altima
Nov 28, 2009 | 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 Sedan
Nov 22, 2009 | 1997 Nissan Maxima
Apr 25, 2009 | 2002 Nissan Sentra
Jul 03, 2017 | 1996 Nissan 200SX
Apr 19, 2013 | 1996 Nissan 200SX
1,157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: