Question about 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I just fixed the liftgate on my 1998 JGC Laredo this afternoon: door handle, when lifted, does not release latch mechanism
here is a solution that may apply to you...
1. open liftgate flipper window
2. remove door panel screws from inside
3. use coat hanger to pull up on locking mechanism arm (at the bottom) to release latch mechanism
4. with door now open, remove remaining door panel screws to completely remove door panel
5. adjust the positioning of the latch rod in its retaining clip (open clip and reposition rod)
in my case, I had took much slack and repositioned the rod by a few threads (about 1/8th inch) in the clip.
be sure rod is seated fully in the clip and that the clip is securely closed
5. test your fix before re-assembling everything
want a long, detailed version? let me know.
Posted on Mar 08, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2014 | Jeep Grand Cherokee Cars & Trucks
Jul 08, 2014 | Jeep Grand Cars & Trucks
Aug 22, 2010 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 04, 2009 | 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jun 13, 2009 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 24, 2009 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 19, 2009 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Feb 21, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Feb 09, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 21, 2014 | 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
562 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: