Question about Cars & Trucks
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: ENGINE WONT TURN OVER
sounds like the timing belt it has a interference engine so if the timing belt broke you could have bent rods and cracked pistons or worse. good luck
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
SOURCE: i'm having trouble starting my
i dont want u to be a partz replacer like those dealership boyz-it could be that the fuel pressure regulator is bad-thats why repair manuals r so good-see u r gettin spark but the petrol not there-hopefully the pump was installed rite-now the regulator is in engine area n thats where to concentrate
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
Try to do the crank relearn:
Ensure that your battery is fully charged before attempting the relearn procedure. Do not leave any battery charger or jumper cables attached to the battery. Close the hood completely. Some applications require that the doors remain closed during the procedure.
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start).
Allow the key to return to the all position (same as if the vehicle would have started). The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
2. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns oft) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt tostart the vehicle. The vehicle should start on this cycle.
3. Once the vehicle is running, the password relearn is complete.
00 + S10
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start). Allow the key to return to the on position. (same as if the vehicle would have started)
2. The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
3. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns off) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt to start the vehicle.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
5. On the next cycle of turning the ignition key from off to crank the vehicle should start
6. Once the vehicle is running, the password is learned and this completes the cycle.
7. Clear any DTC's with a scan tool if necessary. DTC history will be cleared after 100 ignition cycles.
Thank you for using fixya and keep me posted, be glad to help you get your jimmy running 100%
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
Try removing the ignition module, usually located right under the coil pack, and having it tested at Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts.
Posted on Jun 04, 2011
Testimonial: "Excellent post, new distributor came with a faulty ignitor. Remember to always get the warranty and it is all just a swap out. "
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2015 | 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Dec 13, 2012 | 1994 Honda Accord
Jan 28, 2012 | 1993 Honda Accord
Nov 01, 2011 | 1990 Honda Accord
Jan 16, 2010 | 1991 Honda Accord
Nov 11, 2009 | 1990 Honda CRX
Aug 31, 2009 | 1993 Honda Accord
Nov 04, 2008 | 1994 Honda Accord
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: