Question about Cars & Trucks
Are all the windows not working ? This vehicles power windows , door locks are computer controlled . There are computer modules in the doors .
Power Windows System Components
The following components are used to control the power windows:
• Driver door module (DDM)
• Passenger front door module (PDM)
• LH rear door module (LRDM)
• RH rear door module (RRDM)
• Driver door switch assembly (DDSA)
• RH front power window switch
• LH rear power window switch
• RH rear power window switch
• LH front power window motor
• RH front power window motor
• LH rear power window motor
• RH rear power window motor
• Class 2 serial data link
• DR MOD PWR C/B 30 Amp circuit breaker
• DRIVER DR MOD 10 Amp fuse -- DDSA and DDM logic, DDM internal driver operation.
• PSGR DR MOD 10 Amp fuse -- PDM logic and internal driver operation.
• REAR DR MOD 15 Amp fuse -- LRDM and RRDM logic and internal driver operation.
There are fuse box's under the rear seat .
Door Modules Power and Ground
For power up, each door module has a separate battery voltage circuit fed by the rear fuse block, and, one or more separate ground circuits connected to a ground stake. These voltage and ground circuits are in the C3 harness connector of each door module and are also used for power window switch and express up sensors, and for power outside rearview mirror and door lock operations. Door modules power and ground, as it applies to mirrors and locks, is discussed in the applicable mirrors and locks description and operations sections.
Door modules battery voltage is supplied as follows:
• The DDM battery positive voltage circuit is fed by the DRIVER DR MOD 10 amp fuse in the rear fuse block.
• The PDM battery positive voltage circuit is fed by the PSGR DR MOD 10 amp fuse in the rear fuse block.
• The LRDM and RRDM also have separate battery voltage circuits, but they are both fed by the REAR DR MOD 15 amp fuse.
These voltage and ground circuits must not be confused with the power and ground circuits used exclusively to drive the power window motors, which are discussed in the following paragraph.
DTC B3377, B3382, B3387, B3392, B3397, B3452, B3457, B3462, B3467, B3472, B3477, B3482, B3517, or B3522
The window switch or window switch circuits that generate this diagnostic trouble code (DTC) are built-in parts of the driver door switch assembly (DDSA). There are no external circuits. The DDSA internally supplies power and ground to the contacts of each of the integral window switches. When one of the switches is operated, the switch contacts close, providing the DDSA with a specific window switch signal. The DDSA processes this signal, assigns a digital message to it, and sends the message to the appropriate driver door module (DDM), passenger front door module (PDM), left rear door module (LRDM), or right rear door module (RRDM), via the class 2 serial data circuit. The door module, upon receiving the message, examines other relevant information available on the class 2 serial data line in order to determine if conditions are correct for window operation to occur. If conditions are correct, the door module applies power and ground to the associated window motor and circuits in order to move the window.
Now then do you really want to mess with this problem , your best bet would be to take your vehicle to a qualified repair shop .
Posted on Nov 12, 2016
Check inside trunk under carpet on rear seat back support.
Posted on Nov 12, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2016 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
Aug 17, 2015 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
Mar 15, 2015 | Cadillac CTS Cars & Trucks
Apr 03, 2013 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
Sep 09, 2012 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
Apr 03, 2012 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
Jul 29, 2009 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
Jan 04, 2009 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
734 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: