Question about 2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
couple of things to try first , is the trans fluid at correct level ? when was the fluid last replaced ? have the OBD codes read as may tell you what the problem is , if you done all this i'd go to a repar shop for advice
Posted on Jun 30, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Nov 12, 2015 | 2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Feb 08, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 01, 2014 | 1997 Chrysler Town & Country
Jun 25, 2012 | 2000 Hyundai Accent
Jun 19, 2012 | 2000 Pontiac Firebird
Aug 27, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 12, 2009 | 1996 Mitsubishi Galant
Jul 06, 2009 | 2000 Volvo S40
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: