Question about Lexus IS 250
Posted by Anonymous on
Pedal Relearn Procedure
Accerlerator Pedal Released Postion Learning is and operation to learn the full released postions of the accerlerator pedal by monitoring the accelerator pedal sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of accelearator pedal postion sensor or ECM is disconnected.
1. Make Sure the acceleartor Pedal is fully released
2. Turn Ignition switchON and wait at least 2 Seconds.
3. Turn ignition switchOFF and wait at least 10 Seconds
4. Turn Ignition switchON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn Ignition switchoff and wait at least 10 seconds
Throttle Valve Relearn
Throttle ValveClosed Postion Learning is to learn the fully closed postion of the throttle valveby monitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness of
electric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnect.
1.Make sure accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition ON
3. Turn igntion switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds. Make sure that the throttle valvemoves during the 10 seconds by confrming the operating sound.
(You can hear the TB sound when you have key on and shifter in first gear and step on the gas. So you know what you listening for.)
Idle Air Volume Relearn Procedure
The Following Condtions Must be met in order for procedure to Work.
Battery Voltage :More than 12.9 volts at idle
Engine Coolant Temp 158-203 degrees Farenhiet
Electric Load Switch OFF i.e Air Condition, headlamps , rear defogger
Steering Wheel: Neutral Postion (Straight Ahead)
PNP Switch: OFF (Park Neutral Switch i.e. Clutch Switch...pretty sure)
1. Perform ACCERLEARATOR PEDAL RELEASED POSTIONS LEARNING
2. Perform THROTTLE VALVECLOSED POSITION LEARNING
3. Start engine and warm it up to operation temperature
4. Turn igniton switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds
5. Confirm Gas Pedalif fully realeased, then turn igniton switch ON and wait 3 seconds
6. Fully step on and release gas pedal5 time within 5 seconds
8. Wait 7 seconds and fully step on gas and stay on until MIL stops blinking and is steady.
9. Fully release the Gas pedalwithin 3 seconds after the MIL has turned ON steady.
10. Start engine imediatly and let idle. Wait 20 seconds.
Posted on Sep 24, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it has electric power steering, take it to the dealer and ask if the service campaign has been done on the power steering rack. if not then it will be free and they will wash your car for you, fill up your gas tank and replace the steering rack and align the car. if it has been done then maybe they didnt reset the steering gear ecu.
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2018 | Saab Cars & Trucks
Aug 15, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 12, 2015 | 2006 Chevrolet HHR LT
Oct 12, 2015 | 2004 Isuzu Ascender
Mar 22, 2015 | 2007 Toyota Corolla
Mar 22, 2015 | 2008 Lexus IS 250
Oct 11, 2014 | 2004 Chevrolet Colorado
Sep 12, 2009 | 2007 Lexus IS 250
4,799 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: