Question about 1996 Lexus LS 400
Step by step reset the door remote control for lexus 400LS 1996
1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock
button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock
driver door only.
2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.
3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
4. Shut door.
5. Open door.
6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.
8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.
9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.
10. Close the door.
11. Open the door.
12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.
13. Close the door
14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.
15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 08, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 19, 2012 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Apr 11, 2011 | Lexus LS 400 Cars & Trucks
Apr 07, 2010 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Jan 16, 2010 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Oct 21, 2009 | 1996 Lexus GS 300
Jun 16, 2009 | 1996 Lexus LS 400
Mar 23, 2009 | 1997 Lexus ES 300
Mar 09, 2009 | 1996 Lexus LS 400
1,676 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: