Question about 2000 Land Rover Discovery
Engine starts on 5 clinders, runs and then goes back to running on 4 cylinders
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: land rover code p1177
hello mrs melissa well i got the same car . and 1st it used to do the same with me i change the fuel pump and the plugs and then it still the same. but what i did i change the elic cup and now it's runing fine and so power full !
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
There are adjustment screws on the rockets according to RAVE.
The procedure is as follows:
1) Rotate the engine clockwise until No 1 injector lobe is at full lift.
2) Rotate rocker adjusting screw clockwise until the injector plunger is felt to bottom out.
3) Rotate rocket adjusting screw anti-clockwise one complete turn to give plunger the required bump clearance and tighten rocker arm adjusting screw locknut to 16Nm. Ensure the screw does not turn as the locknut is tightened.
4) Carry out the procedure for the remaining 4 rocker arms.
5) After completion of rocker arm adjustment slowly rotate engine clockwise 2 complete turns by hand to ensure that no injectors are bottoming out on their plungers.
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2017 | Land Rover Cars & Trucks
Nov 13, 2013 | Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
Oct 04, 2012 | 1999 Land Rover Discovery
Sep 17, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 13, 2010 | 2003 BMW 7 Series
Sep 01, 2009 | 1999 Land Rover Discovery
Aug 15, 2009 | Land Rover Discovery Cars & Trucks
Apr 08, 2009 | 2003 Land Rover Discovery
Oct 11, 2016 | 2000 Land Rover Discovery
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: