Question about 1999 Ford Explorer
There really aren't any directions. If it is the door latch remove the door panel. Remove the rod that connects it to the door latch assembly. Remove the nuts that attach the latch to the door and reverse the process to finish. You may have to raise or lower the window to get access to the door latch. Good luck.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2017 | GMC Envoy Cars & Trucks
Jan 21, 2016 | 2014 Dodge Challenger
May 02, 2015 | 1996 Ford Thunderbird LX
Apr 15, 2014 | 2009 Ford Escape
Jan 25, 2014 | 2005 Mazda MPV
Welcome to FixYa.com
Latch Replacement - Endgate
1. Lowerthe endgate.
2. Loosen the handle bolts.
3. Raise the endgate.
4. Remove the handle bezel by prying gently on the upper retainer tabs.
5. Disengage the linkage rods (1).
6. Lower and support the endgate.
1. Remove the cables from the side panel cable retainer bolts.
8. Remove the bolt holding the latch assembly.
l_1m a gj
9. Disengage the linkage rod from the latch assembly.
10. Remove the latch assembly from the endgate.
1. Engage the linkage rod to the latch assembly.
2. Install the latch assembly to the vehicle.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
3. Install the latch assembly bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 25 N.m [18 Ib if).
4. Connect the cables on each side of the endgate to the side panel cable retainer bolts.
5. Engage the linkage rods (1J.
6. Raise the endgate.
7. Install the endgate handle bezel. Pressing into place until fully seated.
8. Tighten the handle bolts.
Tiqhten the bolts to 25 N.m 118 lb ftl.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your FixYa Expert and Master Technician
Jan 31, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
Dec 22, 2010 | Dodge Ram 250 Cars & Trucks
Apr 23, 2009 | Jeep Grand Cherokee Cars & Trucks
Mar 24, 2009 | 1997 Lincoln Continental
264 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: