Question about 1998 Isuzu Trooper
MY CAR(ISUZU BIGHORN 98) VIN SERIAL NO. IS HIGER THAN THE 2000 MODEL ONE...WHY? DO ANYBODY KNOW HOW ISUZU USED VIN CODE FOR BIGHORN?
The vin # does not get higher as the year goes up, the vin # each number has a meaning to it, for example body code is one number then year then engine type and so on, it does not start at 1 and go up as the years do, hope this explains it good day
Posted on Aug 12, 2012
Donde puedo conseguir una bomba inyectora de combustible disel para una isuzu bighorn trooper 1996, motor RJC/41G21
Posted on Jan 31, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have a 1998 Bighorn 3.0L if the wrong grade of oil is used in the motor it miss fires and runs rough, due to the injectors being oil pressure controlled, I have heard of extreme cases causing a failure to start when cold. good luck
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
SOURCE: fluid spec problem
FLUID TYPE: DEXRON 4 OR 6, 6 IS THE BEST AND NEWEST FLUID TYPE AND FAR SUPERIOR TO OLDER TYPE 4. DEXRON 6 PROVIDES MORE POSITIVE SHIFTS AND LONGER TRANSMISSION LIFE.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Timing belt installation
1. Ensure locking bolts located correctly  &  in the picture below:
CS = Crankshaft
CA = Camshaft
IP = Injection Pump
2. Ensure timing marks aligned .
3. Fit timing belt in clockwise direction, starting at crankshaft sprocket.
NOTE: "ISUZU" lettering on belt should be readable from front of engine.
4. Slacken tensioner pulley bolt . Push tensioner pulley against belt.
5. Ensure belt is taut between injection pump sprocket and tensioner pulley as well as crankshaft sprocket and camshaft sprocket.
6. Position tensioner lever  against tensioner pulley housing.
7. Remove locking bolts from sprockets  & .
8. Apply a load of 10 ... 12 kg to tensioner lever. Use spring balance .
9. Tighten tensioner pulley bolt to 80 Nm.
10. Turn crankshaft slowly 45 degrees anti-clockwise. Use spring balance to tension belt.
11. Repeat tensioning procedure at 45 degrees intervals for one anti-clockwise turn of the crankshaft.
NOTE: DO NOT turn crankshaft clockwise during tensioning procedure!
12. Fit tensioner lever to original position. Tighten nuts .
13. Install: Injection Pump flange , Camshaft sprocket flange , and water pump pulley.
14. Install components in reverse order of removal & refill coolant.
PLEASE DO RATE MY RESPONSE. THANKS!
Posted on Nov 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2017 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Mar 22, 2017 | Isuzu Rodeo Cars & Trucks
Feb 12, 2016 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Mar 23, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
May 17, 2010 | 1994 Isuzu Trooper
May 03, 2009 | 1994 Isuzu Trooper
Jan 30, 2009 | 2000 Ford Focus
Nov 19, 2008 | 1997 Isuzu Trooper
1,050 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: