Question about Chevrolet Malibu
How to remove the headrest on a 2012 1lt drivers head rest
Posted by Anonymous on
I have a 2012 malibu and looked this same thing up because I just put on a seat cover, on the driver's side head rest, looking at it from the back seat on the driver's side, there's the normal looking latch that let's you adjust the headrest down, but on the right side you'll see a little indentation in the plastic that you can also push down and if you press both at the same time, you can remove the headrest.
Posted on Apr 01, 2019
On 2010 there is no hole for small pin or paperclip but on the opposite side of the tabbed headrest controller there there is a plastic push in tab that you depress and remove headrest. very easy
Posted on Apr 30, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Headrest Removal
Lift the headrest to the full upright position, and you will notice on the plastic piece where the headrest rod goes into, there should be a small hole in the plastic piece, insert a small tool or paperclip, and then pull the headrest off
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
SOURCE: headrest 2002 cavalier
Try this i found this at another site sounds like it should work
01. Sit in the rear seat facing the front seat you will be removing the head rest from
02. Lean the front seat back so you are looking down at the head rest
03. Pull the head rest up as far as it will go
04. Take a small flat head screwdriver and slide in into one of the holes surrounding the head rest poles
05. Move it around until you feel some resistance (if you're lucky, you might be able to move the fabric a little and actually see the clip you need to remove)
06. Wiggle the screw driver around until the clip pops out (it may take a while, but eventually it will pop out)
07. Repeat steps 4-6 for the second head rest pole
08. Once you get the head rest off, turn it upside down and you will see two very thin metal discs holding the seat belt guide onto the head rest, you need to remove these
09. Take a screwdriver and pry up on the discs
10. Once you get the discs up a little bit, put some soap on the head rest poles
11. Take a towel and start twisting the discs, continue doing this until they
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
SOURCE: how to remove front head rest?
See attached picture. It really takes two people, one to push the releases and one to pull out the head rest. http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/download/file.php?id=1748&mode=view
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
There should be tiny holes in the plastic covers at the base of the chrome rods attached to the headrest use a paper clip and push it in the holes as you pull on the headrest in the full up postion.
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2016 | Ford CMax Cars & Trucks
Mar 23, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 25, 2014 | 1993 Chevrolet C/K 3500
Sep 19, 2012 | 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
May 05, 2012 | Chrysler Sebring Cars & Trucks
Dec 05, 2011 | Honda Accord Cars & Trucks
Feb 08, 2011 | 1996 Ford Crown Victoria
Dec 27, 2009 | 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer EL
Dec 23, 2009 | Pontiac Sunfire Cars & Trucks
Jun 01, 2009 | 1994 Volkswagen Golf
1,512 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!